Game Management 2.1

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game Management 2.1

Dear Generals,

At first, we want to inform you about an important change which is scheduled to be released on November 7, 2017:

• It will be possible to win as a coalition. Coalition win is declared when coalition members have reached a total of 80% of a map’s victory points. Solo wins will still be possible and triggered when a player reaches 60% of a map’s victory points.
      • This change will affect running games once the update is released. This means that some games will end early if there is a coalition present which meets the victory conditions by that time.
      Further improvements:

• You will now be able to see the flag of the country you are playing in your game list.
      • Players of ‘starts when full’ games will receive a PM and an email when the game starts.
      • The research panel received a better visualization of the current day.
      • If you unlock a new map the level up pop up will show you which one.
      • Players will no longer be able to join running games after a certain amount of days. This varies between 7 and 10 days depending on the map. This might change in the future still and can also be applied differently to event maps. We made this change to limit account pushing, multi account and wolfpacking.
      Bug Fixes:

• Alliance games will no longer count towards the game creation limit.
      • Players should now instantly be able to create maps if they reach the required level.
      • Event games are now highlighted above regular maps in the games list.
      • Maps that can’t be joined anymore won’t show up in the suggested games pop up.
      • We also renamed the Airplane Carrier to Aircraft Carrier (English only).
      We hope you like the changes and look forward to hearing your feedback on the forum.

Your Call of War team
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager
    • Sasri wrote:

Players of ‘starts when full’ games will receive a PM and an email when the game starts.
      Thank you....Thank you....Thank you....Thank you....Thank you....Thank you....Thank you....Thank you

Sasri wrote:

Players will no longer be able to join running games after a certain amount of days. This varies between 7 and 10 days depending on the map. This might change in the future still and can also be applied differently to event maps. We made this change to limit account pushing, multi account and wolfpacking.
      I think this is a smart change that has been needed. But, except for the possibility of wolfpacking, this might not be necessary for players above a certain level. Perhaps a balance can be made? If a player has reached "x" level, they can join a match until day 7. If a player has reached "y" level, they can join a match until day 10. If a player has reached "z" level, they can join a match until day 20....etc.

Most higher level players didn't get to where they're at by cheating. So it would seem reasonable to put a little more trust in them not to do certain things like wolfpacking and multi=account pushing.

While it's debatable what level would be considered "high" enough, I would suggest making it a number sufficiently high such that a person couldn't reach it and be cheating deliberately without getting caught. Suppose I throw out a number and we'll see what other's suggest. I pick level 70 as the minimum to be labeled as "high".
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Sasri wrote:

Players will no longer be able to join running games after a certain amount of days. This varies between 7 and 10 days depending on the map. This might change in the future still and can also be applied differently to event maps. We made this change to limit account pushing, multi account and wolfpacking.
      But what if you are really late in joining your friends game because you hit the game limit?
      I'm guessing I'm the only one who ever has that issue :00008359:
    • mrc11666 wrote:

So because I was in a coalition and was the leading player. But was not the ruler of said coalition I do not get credit for leading / winning ???
      That is correct. It should make people choose allies more carefully. Every member of the coalition shares the rewards. If you don't want to share you will have to leave the coalition before the coalition victory is triggered and win by yourself, just like it is now.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

mrc11666 wrote:

So because I was in a coalition and was the leading player. But was not the ruler of said coalition I do not get credit for leading / winning ???
      That is correct. It should make people choose allies more carefully. Every member of the coalition shares the rewards. If you don't want to share you will have to leave the coalition before the coalition victory is triggered and win by yourself, just like it is now.
      Did you mean that you joined a coalition but don't want to share the victory with them? Because that's how it was designed to work, in a sense, anyway. Just, now, it's being updated to work exactly as it should rather than being "sort of" as it should.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Sasri wrote:

80% of a map’s victory points.
      I don't mean to quibble here, but in the original announcement about coalition changes on September 22nd the figure given was 90%, while this announcement uses 80%.

Is one a typo?
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

I don't mean to quibble here, but in the original announcement about coalition changes on September 22nd the figure given was 90%, while this announcement uses 80%.
      Here's hoping that it's the lower percentage. Ninety percent is awfully high, even for a coalition victory. I don't think the Allies controlled 90% of the disputed landmass when the Japanese surrendered.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

Here's hoping that it's the lower percentage. Ninety percent is awfully high, even for a coalition victory. I don't think the Allies controlled 90% of the disputed landmass when the Japanese surrendered.
      While I'm not sure as to the percentages, the allies did have control over all of Europe except for neutrals and by the time that Japan surrendered, they had lost virtually everything beyond their core islands. The allies surrounded Japan on all sides and their navy was in ruins. If the total surrender and defeat of Germany and the surrender of Japan with a defeat of all but their core islands (and even that was bombed heavily before even considering the nukes) then that's gotta be at least a 90% victory.

mrc11666 wrote:

execute order 666 hahahaha
      I believe Palpatine just called it "Order 66".

R.I.P. Snickers <3