Production of Anti-Tank and Anti-Aircraft without Infrastructure or Barracks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Production of Anti-Tank and Anti-Aircraft without Infrastructure or Barracks

I've been playing for a while and studied everything....I thought
      But I've missed something basic.

I see that I do not need any Infrastructure or Barracks to produce Anti-Air or Anti-Tank. All I need is an Industrial Complex.
      I've just noticed this about half way through a current game.

Realistically you would think you would need Infrastructure but these are both semi-basic. So I accepted that I only needed barracks. I assumed I needed at least a barracks (for my soldiers required to man the Anti-Tank and Anti-Air units) until I was disabling the barracks and noticed it didn't affect the production of the Anti-Tank units. I see that when you highlight the information for these units it correctly displays the requirement as only an Industrial Complex.

Thoughts? I mean besides calling me a dumbaXX, etc. for missing something this simple. I don't feel too bad...I still get guys shooting L1/L2 rockets at me while I'm moving.
    • I think that the intention here is that both antitank and antiair are defensive weapons, and are relatively simple. So they can be produced quickly without as much "overhead" as a more complex unit.

In some battles it is common to see folks producing antitanks at every captured city in order to reinforce their troops and speed the battle along. Their relatively quick build time is another bonus.

You also can build antitainks within 30 minutes of starting a map if that is part of your strategy. If you begin a game in a tough location and expect to defend early you can crank out two antitanks per industrial complex on the first day before your infrastructure and research allows heavier units.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

I think that the intention here is that both antitank and antiair are defensive weapons, and are relatively simple. So they can be produced quickly without as much "overhead" as a more complex unit.
      I agree on all points in your post above.

Anti-aircraft units are also among the cheapest, quickest and most effective units to produce for garrisoning newly captured provinces because their strength points for rebellion purposes are based on their anti-air defensive points, not their defensive points vs. other ground units. Remember: when units with 7.0 or more strength points are used to garrison a newly captured province, the likelihood of a successful rebellion occurring there is virtually nil under most circumstances.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• Thanks Montana....another nice little tidbit regarding the avoiding rebellions.

One other advantage to both the AA and the AT are the fact that they don't use oil or wheat. Of course they cost wheat to maintain but in a lot of games these are the two resources that are resources that run out fast.