Tech Stacking in alliance war

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tech stacking is tricky to achieve, but can make for a strong force when needed. It can be considered an exploit of the SBDE limits if you want to call it that.

This example will involve planes, but can be done with any unit.

So normally I have a group of planes like this:
      5 interceptors level 4
      5 Tac Bombers level 4
      So when I attack with them I have ten planes, so the damage that the enemy returns to me is spread out over 10 planes.

To further spread the damage out against a tough target I could have:
      10 interceptors level 4
      10 tac bombers level 4
      Which gives me 20 planes to absorb damage, but the SBDE limits prevent any more than 5 planes from being effective.

But if I am going up against someone with 50 planes in one group, I can do some tech stacking. If my ally has not yet upgraded his planes to level 4 I can buy some from him. They don't get upgraded when sold. I can put together a stack:
      5 interceptors Level 3
      5 interceptors level 4
      5 tac bombers level 3
      5 tac bombers level 4
      This gives me 20 planes to spread the damage out over, but every plane is effective on the attack, as they are different groups within the same stack.

This is quicker and easier than adding naval bombers and strat bombers to my airforce to bulk up the hit points of my stack, and more effective.

Of course if I then upgrade my planes to level 5, that brings all planes to level 5, so making tech stacking work long term is complicated, but sometimes necessary against enemies with certain tactics.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<