Bug: "banned for multiple accounts" pop-up

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bug: "banned for multiple accounts" pop-up

Hello, all.

This morning when I logged into the one and only game that I am currently playing, I received a pop-up message stating that I had violated the Call of War Terms of Service by playing with multiple accounts. The message then forced me to choose between my two alleged accounts:

1. MontanaBB; and

2. "java.util.hash.map".

Let me say at the outset that I have never played with more than one account, I have never had more than one account, and I do not play on a wifi system or other network with any other player. I have received no prior message, either through the Call of War internal message system or outside email, regarding this issue. My internet service provider is Comcast, it is a single user account restricted to my home address, and I am the only member of my household who plays Call of War. I have, from time to time, used other public wifi networks to check on the game, but not in the last several days.

Given the second account name above under which I am alleged to have played, this appears to be some sort of cock-up with the anti-cheat auto-detection software. Once I chose "MontanaBB" as my only account, my one and only game loaded normally, and as far as I can tell, I can play it without any sort of restriction or problems. I am notifying the administrative staff of this in an abundance of caution, on the assumption that there is some sort of system error in play, and that the staff needs to be aware of it. I am also concerned, of course, that access to my account might be cut off without further warning. I would be grateful if an authorized staff member could check the status of my account, to confirm that this error has not affected my account or my one game in progress (1,950,950) in any way.

Thanks.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• I am unable to log into the COW main page this morning or otherwise access my one active game ---- I receive an error message "invalid username or password."

I have the same user name and password as when I originally registered in February 2016. I would be grateful if staff would look at this ASAP. Thanks.

UPDATE: Yeah, this is what I was afraid of ---- I just attempted to use the password recovery function from the COW login page, and received an error message that "This account has been banned. Please contact support."

UPDATE 2: I just checked my registered email account and found the following message from 6:4E a.m. EST (11:41 a.m. CET):

"Hello MontanaBB,

"Your account was banned because you violated our terms of service by playing with multiple accounts.
      Multi accounts are forbidden as they grant an unfair advantage in the game.
      Playing together from a shared internet connection is also forbidden in games with the anti cheat system enabled.

"These accounts are connected to your account:

"Mrs Luke, MontanaBB

"If you want to contest your ban you have to provide an explanation about your relation to these accounts and submit proof that every account involved is a unique person."

Just to be crystal clear: I have only one account (MontanaBB), and my primary internet access is a Comcast/Xfinity account at my home address, where no-one else plays Call of War. I have no idea who or what the second named account (Mrs Luke) is.

Please help.

The post was edited 4 times, last by MontanaBB ().

• Montanna, Are you sure your wifi is secure? You don't have a neighbor stealing your home wifi do you?
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Montanna, Are you sure your wifi is secure? You don't have a neighbor stealing your home wifi do you?
      My home internet is password protected and uses a coded/secure home wifi with my Comcast/Xfinity internet service. So, no, probably not my neighbors stealing free access ---- especially since they're all older than dirt. I do share my home internet with two 11-year-old girls, but they're more likely to be playing something online called "Candy Crush" or "Minecraft." They take after their mother, and are not really WW2 gaming aficionados. :(

Sasri wrote:

We are still investigating, but I made sure it's not happening again, sorry. You should be able to log in again.
      I don't have a clue, either, Sasri. Many thanks for your quick response ---- I appear to have access to my game again.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• You have to wonder if your wife learned that you could be banished by having multiple accounts. Perhaps you aren't spending enough time with her? lol. :D
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• I am remembering you mentioning having an alarm clock to wake you up for the next research cycle, and the Missus not reacting too kindly to that, lol.

VorlonFCW