Game Admin policies and announcements

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game Admin policies and announcements

As a game admin I am supposed not to use this for personal advantage and use this right responsibly. To achieve these objectives I would like to announce transparently in the World Herald what my consistent and impartial policy on purging inactive players is. That way I am less likely to use the power for my personal advantage!

Does anyone have such a policy statement that I might use?

How many days do people generally allow inactive players to come back, if they drop out without prior warning?

Suppose someone tells you (as game admin) that (s)he will be unable to play for a few days. How long would you allow them to take away from the game before you evict them?

(I realise that you can only purge ALL inactive players simultaneously.)

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
    • ... and in reply to my own first question, the announcement in the World Herald by an ally of mine that started me thinking about this issue was a warning that inactive players would be kicked out in 6 hours, unless any of the active players had any objection.

I hope that this prompts some thoughts from you all.
    • Hi Pablo & thanks for your comments.

In the past I've done exactly what you did, however this is not in strict accordance with the warning you get when you try to purge inactive players.

"Confirm action

Warning: you are about to remove [n] player from the game. This should only be done with consent or in extreme cases - misuse will be punished".

Consent is rare (although I have granted it to others when I was unable to play for a few days). What is an "extreme" case of inactivity?

Here is my first draft of a game admin policy announcement:

"Game Admin: Inactive players

To avoid the temptation of the abuse of power for my own advantage I will now give all inactive players a further 24 hours to return to the game. I may also try to e-mail them through the Call of War site.

If anyone has any objection to this, please let me know. "