My top 5 least used units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MartinB wrote:

that naval bombers are quite effective now, but if you have a couple of cruisers stacked with your fleet, they take quite a heavy toll on naval bombers.
      Are they good now? They were utter crap when I went inactive last time, no one used them.

In addition to CC being great against planes, they make a great QRF for when BB are just too slow, right up until the end game when BBN come along.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Are [naval bombers] good now? They were utter crap when I went inactive last time, no one used them.
      Yes, see my comment above regarding high-level naval bombers.

The naval bomber unit was significantly juiced during last year's unit "re-balancing" exercise. As part of that process, and based on numerous comments and complaints from experienced players, (1) the naval bomber was made significantly stronger against both surface naval units and submarines, and (2) the submarine unit's anti-aircraft strengths were significantly reduced.

I and many other players had observed absolutely ridiculous results of a stack of sub units completely destroying a stack of naval bomber units, when both subs and bombers were of comparable number and research level -- a result that could never have happened in the real world. After listening to nearly two years of complaining, the game developers finally did something about it. It was one of the more important changes made as part of the 2017 unit updates.
    • MartinB wrote:

Lawrence Czl wrote:

Cruisers: I like to have some cruisers. A cruiser/destroyer/sub stack is great against 2 destroyers. The cruiser can hit the destroyers before they get within range. So, if attacking can get at least one free shot with attack against ships of 10 or more.
      Cruisers are also the best unit for air defence. I always try to have at least one cruiser stacked in all my fleets, especially when up against an opponent who actively uses naval bombers. I think someone pointed out recently (think it was Montana, but may be wrong) that naval bombers are quite effective now, but if you have a couple of cruisers stacked with your fleet, they take quite a heavy toll on naval bombers.
      I feel the Cruiser (CA) is an underrated unit in the game. If you can afford it, two lvl 6 CA = one lvl 5 Battleship (BB). So you have to double up CA to challenge/equal a BB but....I like the fact that if needed I can cover two areas rather than one, and with speed. CA - 51 km/h BB - 39 km/h
      Looking at the stats {lvl 6 CA vs lvl 5 BB}:
      HP CA/50 BB/75
      Anti-sub - CA/3 BB/.9
      Anti-air - CA/14 BB/9
      bombardment - surface ship CA/15 BB/30; Inf CA/3.5 BB/6.9; Arm CA/3.5 BB/6.0
      I always have a Destroyer or two with a CA just for the extra sub running.
      The biggest drawback of course the ranges BB-70km vs CA 60km (until you get to CA lvl7 - 70km)
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • I am quite shocked with how people denounced the cruiser until now. cruisers can get to quite some range at high levels.

P.S: (When I read the spam) - Are u kidding me? I just wasted some of my life?
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Little Racoon wrote:

I am quite shocked with how people denounced the cruiser until now. cruisers can get to quite some range at high levels.
      Yeah I quite like them as well, very underrated.

Little Racoon wrote:

P.S: (When I read the spam) - Are u kidding me? I just wasted some of my life?
      Get used to it lol.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: