Single player match

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Single player match

Would you like to see this idea implemented into the game? 14
        Yes (12) 86%
        Maybe (1) 7%
        No (1) 7%
        Why? (0) 0%
      Ok, the idea of this is pretty simple. This game has been multiplayer forever in a day. But what if we could have 'missions' that could either be done as single player or co-op, with a specific goal set, against elite AI opponents?

Me and Vorlon were talking about this on chat an hour or so ago. If I miss some details, forgive me, I can't remember and copy down everything.

The basic premise is that, well, this game is great to play with friends and all, but it does not really have any sort of single player compatibility, or something that can be played by yourself, solely against AI. This idea encompasses quite a few things. It could be an advanced tutorial, a single player campaign that has a goal like taking over the 10 p map with X nation in Y days, or missions which re-enact certain historical events, such as D-day, the Battle of Midway, the Invasion of Okinawa, the Battle of the Bulge, and so many others.

I'm largely just going to copy points from the discussion, because I don't feel like rephrasing stuff that was already said, and actually have the text on hand for this time. I will cut out stuff that isn't relevant to the post or is inherit to typing in a chat(or that I mentioned above), and..... Magic:
      Display Spoiler

VorlonFCW: Nova; It might not be possible to do it offline, but I can see creating missions. Elite AI, you start as say USA and have to support UK and take the rest of the 10 player map. And start everyone with fully researched and upgraded buildings

NovaTopaz: but maybe they have to be paid with gold, and do not allow the use of gold while you are playing such a mission? Cause let's face it, gold would kinda ruin the point of such a mission

VorlonFCW: I can see that a much more complete tutorial could be created in a single player environment
      18:23 NovaTopaz: That too.

NovaTopaz: And it doesn't require too much effort on the part of the devs, at least I'd think. Because they have a ton of maps they can pick from.

VorlonFCW: Nova I am thinking it would be similar coding to what they did with the "arms race" maps where you start with upgrades and research and whatnot

@Vorlon yeah, IK what you meant, but I said it shouldn't be a problem for them to implement such a thing.

Magic end.

But I do think this would be a good idea. Obviously, this could allow people to play maps without having to contend with other players, allow them to learn the game better than the tutorial the game currently throws you into(though I cannot attest to how good that first tutorial is, it obviously isn't helping to much in retaining population), or appeal to people who love playing campaigns which largely use real life events as a basis, with friends as a co-op, or by themselves. I'm sure the people on this forum could branch this off in a bunch of directions(hint hint gold...), but I'll leave it here for now.
    • I think that has real potential. Rather than always having a balanced map it could be interesting having a challenge already laid out for a player. Armies and buildings and maybe some research already done and ready to play.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Start talking gold entry fees, and you might get Bytro Labs' attention.

Otherwise, you might quite reasonably imagine the Bytro brain trust sitting around the conference room table in Hamburg . . . .

"Hallo! Das is a gute idea."

"Ja. Sure. But what's in it for uns?"
      Lol, that bottom one.

As for the gold entry fee, probably 5000 per person for the elite AI, as per the norm, and an additional fee(like 2,500) for going on a single player game/co-op? Sounds good to me, anyway...

But there is also the tutorial... Probably 1000 for the advanced tutorial? Not so much that it would make stingy people hold out from going into it, but make it so that it there would be some profit margin for people who spend all their gold trying to play on the normal games, and then realize I have no idea what I'm doing.