Warning/Confirmation button for large gold purchase

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Warning/Confirmation button for large gold purchase

Since the game lags/glitches alot and some gold purchases are quite high, there should be a confirmation window when spending over 1000 gold at one time. I'm tired of losing gold because of known issues with this game that nobody will fix. When you create a buy order and the window disappears right as you click "add buy order", you can accidentally buy 5000 fuel for 2500 gold because that is exactly where you click to "add buy order"
    • We fixed the issue that led to the market glitching already a while ago, if you noticed a new bug, please submit a ticket and describe how to reproduce the case. If you already did that please tell me your username and I will check what happened to the report.
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager
    • Sasri wrote:

We fixed the issue that led to the market glitching already a while ago, if you noticed a new bug, please submit a ticket and describe how to reproduce the case. If you already did that please tell me your username and I will check what happened to the report.
      I submitted the ticket on November 20th with this username (BeerBelly1). It got ignored. If you can track gold purchases, find everytime the system tricked me into buying fuel for gold. It was supposed to be a normal buy order.
    • Sasri wrote:

Can you be a bit more precise what 'tricking into buying fuel' means?
      This was explained in great detail on the bug report (ticket). Was this report not found or was it ignored?

Answer = On two different occasions in two different games, I went to place a normal market BUY order for a random resource. After entering the amount and price, I went to click the "Add Buy Order" button but the market screen lagged/glitched and disappeared while I was clicking my command. Because the market screen vanished simultaneously to my mouse click; the system bought (UNAUTHORIZED) 5000 fuel for 2500 gold. This is not a case of Buyer's remorse...I had plenty of CASH and NEVER buy resources with gold.

The "Add Buyer Order" button is right "in front" of the fuel/oil for gold option. The only work around is to click the very bottom left corner of the "Add Buy Order" to avoid this happening. So far, the game has tricked me out of 5,000 gold which would take over 2 months and 2 games to earn back in a 100-player map
    • This sounds a bit like a graphics issue, that may be something specific to your computer.

What browser are you using? I prefer chrome.

And you can see I have plenty of separation between the "add buy offer" and "golden oil"

If you use "full screen" mode do the buttons still overlap? I ask because on one computer I have played on the "hide market" tab is hidden below the bottom of the screen normally, but using the "full screen" mode makes it work properly. (I can post a fix for that as well. On my Wife's laptop the browser is set usually at 110% or 120% zoom, using the CTRL and + buttons to zoom within the browser. I can use the CTRL and - buttons to zoom out making the market show more normally.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

This sounds a bit like a graphics issue, that may be something specific to your computer.

What browser are you using? I prefer chrome.

And you can see I have plenty of separation between the "add buy offer" and "golden oil"

If you use "full screen" mode do the buttons still overlap? I ask because on one computer I have played on the "hide market" tab is hidden below the bottom of the screen normally, but using the "full screen" mode makes it work properly. (I can post a fix for that as well. On my Wife's laptop the browser is set usually at 110% or 120% zoom, using the CTRL and + buttons to zoom within the browser. I can use the CTRL and - buttons to zoom out making the market show more normally.
      I use chrome and have zoom at 110% (i think) but please dont assume that I have that separation you showed (see link at bottom of this response). I don't and again, the issue is not a browser or zoom, the game lags/glitches because of server issues and its WAY TOO EASY to buy stuff with gold that you did not want. Changing to Full Screen did not help the issue.

Again, the original post is about having a warning when spending large amounts of gold...this isn't about workarounds with browser settings or graphics cards.

Cmon Vorlon, get out of your "i want to be a mod" mode for a second and think big picture.
      Here is what I see every game = gyazo.com/ff5395017e35eeb2f84d1ddd4746638d
      gyazo.com/ff5395017e35eeb2f84d1ddd4746638d
    • BeerBelly wrote:

Again, the original post is about having a warning when spending large amounts of gold...this isn't about workarounds with browser settings or graphics cards.
      Personally I would like to see a confirmation button for these gold purchases as well. I was simply offering an additional thought. I apologize for intruding on your thread

BeerBelly wrote:

Here is what I see every game
      That screenshot makes it much clearer. I will include it here:

This screenshot would have added a lot to your initial post, and to your explanation above.
      I now understand what you mean that the "add buy offer" button from this screen IS overlaid above the "gold + oil" button. So if an initial click of the button does not make the buy resources window vanish the natural tendancy is to try and click the button again, thinking you didn't actually press the right spot. BUT the window vanishes just as you click, and the button behind it is activated instead.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<