Combat Gadget

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Combat Gadget

Dear generals,

some of our frontline pioneers may already have witnessed the small new war gadget. We are now showing an animated timer that visualizes your units’ next attack. This will make it easier for you to track the current state of your ongoing fights and when your units will execute their next strike.
      Additionally, buildings will now show how much hit points they have left. Simply click on the province your building is in and hover over the image (or click on it and check the building description).

Another important notice: After collecting community feedback and discussing the airplane behavior internally, we will, approximately in 2 weeks with our next update, introduce the following behavior for airplanes, which will affect running games:
      • Patrolling airplanes only deal damage to countries they are at war with.
      • Ground & air troops don't do any area of effect (AoE) damage to neutral units or provinces when they are not directly attacking them, which means you won't trigger war with a neutral country if you attack enemies inside their provinces.
      • Aircrafts patrolling over neutral territory don't attack neutral units/provinces and also don't deal AoE damage to them, they only attack enemy troops and only damage them.
      • Damage and war is only triggered to the neutral units/buildings when a direct attack command is given on a neutral unit or province.
      • Exception: Shooting rockets at enemy units on neutral land will trigger war with the neutral country.
      Additional bug fixes:
      • We fixed a bug that caused the country selection to freeze for the tournament island when you tried to select a random country.
      • Selling and buying on the market was not displayed properly in ‘my trades’.
      • You are now able to withdraw your coalition application.
      • The pop-up to inform you about contradictory trades not working is now displayed properly and not disappearing after one second.
      • Clicking on ‘back to my games’ within a game round redirects you to ‘my games’.
      • Espionage actions were able to be clicked without effect on your own provinces, this will not be possible anymore.
      We hope you like this update.

Your Call of War team
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager
    • Time4Alchemy wrote:

Sasri wrote:

• Ground & air troops don't do any area of effect (AoE) damage to neutral units or provinces when they are not directly attacking them, which means you won't trigger war with a neutral country if you attack enemies inside their provinces.

This new update is a huge improvement!
      That isn't happening until 2 weeks from now. Read it closely. But yes, it will be a good improvement for the game(it'll make more unconventional tactics possible), I think.
    • Sasri wrote:

• Damage and war is only triggered to the neutral units/buildings when a direct attack command is given on a neutral unit or province.

Hello,

Just to make sure I understand properly... Does that mean that everyone start the game at the "Right of way" relation? What is now the difference between "right of way" and "peace" relation?

Thank you!
    • Macalex wrote:

Sasri wrote:

Hello,
      Just to make sure I understand properly... Does that mean that everyone start the game at the "Right of way" relation? What is now the difference between "right of way" and "peace" relation?

Thank you!
      This is for patrolling planes. No, everyone doesn't start with "Right of Way".
    • Macalex wrote:

Okay so if I move through a province of a player that I'm in peace with, what is going to happen then? It will attack, it will stop on the first province it will cross or it will continue his way?
      If you give a marching order through a province that you are at peace with, you will start a war as soon as you reach a province center or your troops encounter locals; as usual.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Macalex, that is written a bit confusingly and is a bit redundant with the first point, but it is referring to patrolling planes. It just means they won't trigger war or damage buildings or units not already at war.

There is no change to land units marching in peace province. It will fight if it hits peace units and capture prov if it hits center.

Point 2 that mentions ground units is referring to artillery type units firing at range. They will not damage neutral units that are at same location as enemy target or start war unless a direct attack is made.