Suggesting on air/rockets

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Suggesting on air/rockets

If you take a providence with no military units eccept for planes of rockets, it should give youn the option to use the planes and research the tech going to and the technology that it is at, so you get research for attacking and capturing. :beer:
    • I think US has a slightly different idea Montanna.

I think he means if I capture a province using any ground unit that has planes or rockets on the ground that I could commandeer said planes or rockets, instead of having them turn into a convoy truck to be easily destroyed.

I think his second point is that by comandeering a unit like that you get the research for it free.

I do like the comandeering idea. Perhaps that could be a special ability of commandos. Be able to walk up to a group of units of a peaceful country or helpless units of a country at war and make off with it Grand Theft Auto style.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Can you imagine the Blitzkrieg that will be taking place as people rush to conquer airbases loaded with goodies?

Commandeering equipment was common in World war II and most equipment was used until it broke down because of lack of spare parts. However this was common for ground equipment and not so much for aircraft. Planes are easy to move out of range of advancing forces and were not often captured, when they were they were often damaged or were problematic to maintain.

No free tech upgrades as this is basically reverse engineering an advancement which can and does take time.

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."Friedrich Nietzsche
    • MontanaBB wrote:

USAmazing wrote:

If you take a [province] with no military units [except] for planes [or] rockets . . . .
      You cannot capture an enemy province with only planes or rockets in convoys; you can drive straight through the province center and keep going with no effect. Nor can you land aircraft units on an enemy air base.
      yes, i mean if you take a providence with units but the area you take has planes and no defencive units, you could take the plane/rockets and boost research
    • Armatus wrote:

Can you imagine the Blitzkrieg that will be taking place as people rush to conquer airbases loaded with goodies?

Commandeering equipment was common in World war II and most equipment was used until it broke down because of lack of spare parts. However this was common for ground equipment and not so much for aircraft. Planes are easy to move out of range of advancing forces and were not often captured, when they were they were often damaged or were problematic to maintain.

No free tech upgrades as this is basically reverse engineering an advancement which can and does take time.
      Yeah, I was going to say, airplanes usually are not commandeered... In fact, I think the only time actual warplanes were captured from the enemy by force, was during the invasion of Nazi Germany! When secret aircraft facilities and the like(this includes the rockets) were being overrun by allied forces. Otherwise, planes were either retreated from the frontline, or were flaming wrecks by the time anything got to them to examine them. In fact, most of the planes that the US got during the war against Japan, to understand their aircraft designs and that sort of stuff, by and large had to remake the enemy planes from scratch, from wrecked planes off airfields. From. Scratch. They had some help, but yeah, commandeering a plane is like trying to commandeer an explosive rocket... Generally, they are so dangerous that leaving them available to the enemy at all is a bad idea, and that tends to get the area they launched from shelled or bombed to oblivion... Admittedly, with the airplanes, at least there is something left to them, whereas rockets will just explode and take the entire launch facility with them.

Also, I thought it was going to be something addressing the wierdness of the level 1 compared to the level 2-4...