Create a diplomacy map mode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Create a diplomacy map mode

Add diplomacy map mode? 20
        yeah (14) 70%
        no (5) 25%
        maybe (1) 5%
      add diplomacy map mode. inspired by Hearts of Iron, i would like to see this implemented into the game. what i mean by "add diplomacy map mode" is, when you click the settings cog gear thing in the bottom left corner, there will be an extra tab, like "display fog of war" and "display armies" this will say "display diplomacy map" and have a globe or world map or a bunch of flags or 2 hands handshaking or something as its icon,when clicked it will change the entire map to a diplomatic one based around your country, so your countries mainland will be green, your occupied territory will be light green, countries your country is at war with will be red (mainland), occupied enemy territory will be light red, allies are blue, and neutral countries are simply white or grey. vote and let me know what you think or any suggestions.

The post was edited 1 time, last by mr. fish ().

• With all countries having a fairly unique color I don't see the need for this feature.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I generally know what my diplomacy is... I don't need a fancy addition to figure out where my friends and enemies are.

Now, if it did something similar with terrain, that'd be cool. Would certainly make it easier to get the general topography of a map than having to squint at the screen to look at the detailed mountains, forests, and hills. Especially when you are zoomed out all the way.

Edit: And as I said with your last one, this should really go in Suggestions/criticisms, not the Q&A section.
    • Like the idea!

I think it will be useful to try to better paint the picture your diplomatic relations. It may not actually affect game play all that much, but it will make the experience more enjoyable in my opinion (I like analyzing maps and seeing who is with who and stuff).

NovaTopaz wrote:

I generally know what my diplomacy is... I don't need a fancy addition to figure out where my friends and enemies are.

Now, if it did something similar with terrain, that'd be cool. Would certainly make it easier to get the general topography of a map than having to squint at the screen to look at the detailed mountains, forests, and hills. Especially when you are zoomed out all the way.

Edit: And as I said with your last one, this should really go in Suggestions/criticisms, not the Q&A section.
      If you don't like the feature, there would always be the option to turn it off. I mean, there are many options that many people don't use, such as morale map.

Also agree with the topography stuff.