Submarines

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• <p>My question is about attacking with submarines. </p><p><br></p><p>They are discovered by some units, but not by others. </p><p><br></p><p>For example, if I see an aircraft carrier or a transport ship not protected (without a submarine or destroyer), can I attack that ship without being noticed or at the moment I attack, the owner of the ship will know it was me?</p><p><br></p><p>thanks</p>
    • The moment you attack you become visible, and can be targeted by anyone for the entire time you are attacking.

Also keep in mind that you can see the enemy carrier or convoy, but you will not know if there are submarines in that stack unless you attack, or patrol with a naval bomber, or have a spy.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • MonsieurIvan wrote:

destroyers dont have detection?
      No, destroyers do not have detection. Enemy subs will attack destroyers and become visible during the attack.

It is much better to detect the subs with naval bombers, allowing destroyers to engage subs from a safe distance. Otherwise your destroyer will take damage from the sub.

One benefit of high command is the ability to set a submarine to hold fire. that lets it lurk on the bottom and observe and it will not engage the enemy. That does make it a sitting duck if it is discovered, but typically the information gathering is more valuable than the submarine.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • That's an interesting thing to do. I wish I had High Command since I always get mad when my sub simply rams a flotilla and goes to the bottom.
      “Lord, make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.”

~St. Francis of Assisi