Gold

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I see that the most guys do not like Gold and how its use changes a game suddenly.
      If Gold is used people normally leave the game, which is a pity.

If Gold is used in the game, half of the gold should be deposit in the Jack Pot, and should be payed out when the game ends. If people would spend a lot of Gold in the game, people would stay in the game to get something of the spend gold.

The size of the Jack Pot should be on the Top Page of the newspaper.
    • That would be bad, people would create multiple accounts and spend all the gold, play with one account win the game, double their Gold. Not the best idea or at least for now till we don't get a better anti-cheating system.
      :00008356:

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't"
      -George S. Patton

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"
      - Albert Einstein

• FilipALFA wrote:

That would be bad, people would create multiple accounts and spend all the gold, play with one account win the game, double their Gold. Not the best idea or at least for now till we don't get a better anti-cheating system.
      The truth is that Yes, my I like the current system, I agree with you that the system against the traps should be strengthened more.

A greeting.
    • "Gold" or whatever it gets called will always be an issue in 'free-to-play' games. With no initial charge to buy and no subscription fee the developers, Bytro in our case, need some way to create an income. I have no doubt you are aware of this Freakbrain and you have provided a suggestion which you suppose will prevent people from leaving rounds where they are getting killed by gold use. The thing is, those of us that do not use gold are not likely going to be enticed to fight a futile war if the only reward is gold which we don't want to use.

It has oft been suggested that Bytro devise some other way of getting our money but how likely is it that the player base would pay a monthly subscription? It would need to be a nominal amount; 5$? Would players be willing? Could High Command be made more attractive without making it a game breaker? Bytro once had certain units available only in 'gold rounds' in S1914 but eventually made them available to all players. There isn't an easy answer and I don't begrudge Bytro from making money with gold. Do they lose players who become disheartened by losing a game to gold use? I am certain of it, but on the whole I suspect that Bytro is on the winning end. I have no clue how large the active player base is but I do know that groups get together to play, by use of the honor system, gold-free rounds.

I would like Bytro to take this to the forum themselves as they are obviously aware of the unbalance gold creates. They are coders and therefore understand logic so it is not feasible that they would be shocked by this. Could we see them issue a survey to all of there players and stage a forum discussion on the issue to try to determine, if for example, players would pay a subscription?

If they received enough positive response they could implement a trial period and see if it makes sense to them economically.
    • EnmaDai-O wrote:

"Gold" or whatever it gets called will always be an issue in 'free-to-play' games. With no initial charge to buy and no subscription fee the developers, Bytro in our case, need some way to create an income. I have no doubt you are aware of this Freakbrain and you have provided a suggestion which you suppose will prevent people from leaving rounds where they are getting killed by gold use. The thing is, those of us that do not use gold are not likely going to be enticed to fight a futile war if the only reward is gold which we don't want to use.

It has oft been suggested that Bytro devise some other way of getting our money but how likely is it that the player base would pay a monthly subscription? It would need to be a nominal amount; 5$? Would players be willing? Could High Command be made more attractive without making it a game breaker? Bytro once had certain units available only in 'gold rounds' in S1914 but eventually made them available to all players. There isn't an easy answer and I don't begrudge Bytro from making money with gold. Do they lose players who become disheartened by losing a game to gold use? I am certain of it, but on the whole I suspect that Bytro is on the winning end. I have no clue how large the active player base is but I do know that groups get together to play, by use of the honor system, gold-free rounds.

I would like Bytro to take this to the forum themselves as they are obviously aware of the unbalance gold creates. They are coders and therefore understand logic so it is not feasible that they would be shocked by this. Could we see them issue a survey to all of there players and stage a forum discussion on the issue to try to determine, if for example, players would pay a subscription?

If they received enough positive response they could implement a trial period and see if it makes sense to them economically.
      Interesting answer, the subject of gold always will cause controversy sadly, but you have to understand that the company has to make money, is for this reason that the company has the option to buy gold by real money in my opinion the current way is the best.

A greeting.
    • If you want the game to develop Bytro labs needs money and that needs players who are willing to spend their money. If players quit a game that is being controlled by a person with lots of gold that is their loss. Anyways the prices of gold use are higher than in Supremacy 1914 so we should be thankful for that.

"Take the oprtunity of what you are given, even if it's bad, take it, use it", said by ? modified by FilipALFA :D
      :00008356:

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't"
      -George S. Patton

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"
      - Albert Einstein

• FilipALFA wrote:

If you want the game to develop Bytro labs needs money and that needs players who are willing to spend their money. If players quit a game that is being controlled by a person with lots of gold that is their loss. Anyways the prices of gold use are higher than in Supremacy 1914 so we should be thankful for that.

"Take the oprtunity of what you are given, even if it's bad, take it, use it", said by ? modified by FilipALFA :D
      I agree with you,maybe this game could be paid as World of Warcraft.

A greeting.