Unit Propposal/Airfield revamp

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unit Propposal/Airfield revamp

How about Paratroopers? They took an important role in D day, and in the battle for Crete for example. They could be a mixture between a plane and an infantry unit... That is, an infantry unit that you could deploy one time within a certain range. Usefull for sending troops behind enemy lines.

I also think that airfields should be more important buildings. They should have an upkeep (for maintenance of the aerodrome, control towers, hangars, etc)
      And I also think that the level of an airfield should be more important, not only to build a certain plane but also to let some planes refuel. E.g. the size of an airfield needed to deploy fighters is smaller than the one needed to deploy a big ass bomber.

Thanks a lot for reading. Excuse my english, I know that there is a Spanish forum, but I think that this suggestion will have more exposition if a posted it here.
    • Don't, bring up paras here, there are plenty of other threads about this, and they didn't lead to the greatest of endings. I don't think upkeep on airfields should exist, as there are already upkeeps on the planes, and repairs needed have to be paid for anyway. Current upgrades are for decreasing refuel time, which is useful as is I believe, and I'm not too keen on the idea of levels parking certain airfields, as advancing the line will be incredibly slow if using bomber support. Your english is pretty alright, mistakes were negligible enough so you're fine, I think you meant "exposure" instead of exposition, and I instead of "a" after your if
      "A knight cannot save the world. They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield."

"Honor? Glory? There's no point in speaking to a killer who indulges in such nonsense."

"It's a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated"
    • FFS, the devs said they were going to but in paratroopers and there has been like, 6, threads for them already. No one cares at this point.

No one wants to pay even more for their strips, this idea will get zero support.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• If you dont care, why bother answering the thread? I wont read the whole forum just to make sure not to annoy anyone who could have read something about this. The thread title already says what is it about. If you dont care, dont open it. And when you mean "no one" that just mean "you", you are not representative of all COW players.

Kind Regards

The post was edited 2 times, last by Emmanuel Perez ().

• We wI'll get them soon, and the upkeep on airfields is a worst suggestion, if the japs can make an airstrip on a small island using shovels and cement, why do we have to spend res to maintain it? Oil? Steel? I can make an airfield now given the chance.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day