Suggestion to clarify Nuclear Reactor construction

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Suggestion to clarify Nuclear Reactor construction

One of the frequently asked help questions is:

"I researched nuclear reactor, why can't I build it?"

The answer of course is that nuclear reactors need to be researched to level 2 before being able to be built.

I think that perhaps a simple tweak could be made to make this more understandable for new players. In the unit production menu all items are visible, but not selectable if the requirements are not met. They are grayed out, like this:

And when you hover your cursor over the grayed out produce button the missing requirements are displayed.

So perhaps it is possible to display Nuclear Reactor the same way. After researching level 1 nuclear reactor perhaps it could appear in the construction list, but be grayed out until the requirement of level 2 is met.

War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Anyone who can read can click info on level one of Nuclear Reactor and see that it doesn't show an image of a Reactor in the "Unlockable Units" area.
      “Lord, make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.”

~St. Francis of Assisi
    • PAD_Minotaur wrote:

Anyone who can read can click info on level one of Nuclear Reactor and see that it doesn't show an image of a Reactor in the "Unlockable Units" area.
      You are correct, but this frequently has to be explained to new players in Help chat.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

PAD_Minotaur wrote:

Anyone who can read can click info on level one of Nuclear Reactor and see that it doesn't show an image of a Reactor in the "Unlockable Units" area.
      You are correct, but this frequently has to be explained to new players in Help chat.
      True.
      “Lord, make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.”

~St. Francis of Assisi