Building to reduce non-core penalty

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Building to reduce non-core penalty

Do you think this is an idea worth considering? 13

The result is only visible to the participants.

I was struck with an idea for a building, maybe some sort of an administrative center that you could build on your non-core provinces. The building could soften the non-core production penalty to 50%, starting from the usual 75%. The first level could reduce it for 5%, the second level 10% to a total of 15% and lastily the last level could reduce it for another 10% for a total reduction of 25%.
    • You can reduce the non-core penalty by building ports, infrastracture and Industrial centers. It just makes the production of your resources bigger which kind of reduces the non-core penalty. Say your penalty is minus 75% build infrastucture which gives you plus 10% and at level 3 50%.
      :00008356:

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't"
      -George S. Patton

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"
      - Albert Einstein

• It does but the game has to have reallity. I mean one building will not just suddenly make people from the country you invaded happier and work harder to get you resources.

-George S. Patton

- Albert Einstein

• FilipALFA wrote:

You can reduce the non-core penalty by building ports, infrastracture and Industrial centers. It just makes the production of your resources bigger which kind of reduces the non-core penalty. Say your penalty is minus 75% build infrastucture which gives you plus 10% and at level 3 50%.
      That increases production. It doesn't reduce the non-core penalty.

BTW, I don't like the guy's idea of one building making everything better, but what about building stuff. The more you build, the happier the people are.

Just a suggestion, please don't shout at me.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Instead of a re-education center only perhaps stationing troops in a non-core province could increase its production in proportion to the strength of the garrison day by day until it is on par with a core province.

Forced labor.

If you really need that oil it means you have to spare troops to make sure your new "citizens" not only get it out of the ground for you but also don't accidentally let it fall of the back of a truck into the hands of insurgents, lose it to "enemy" sabotage or simply raffle it off at an uncles birthday. I presume part of the reasoning for a 'non-core' penalty is because the resources are lost in all sorts of round about ways. I can only imagine how much more efficient the kitchens I've run would be if there was an AK-47 close at hand.
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

FilipALFA wrote:

You can reduce the non-core penalty by building ports, infrastracture and Industrial centers. It just makes the production of your resources bigger which kind of reduces the non-core penalty. Say your penalty is minus 75% build infrastucture which gives you plus 10% and at level 3 50%.
      That increases production. It doesn't reduce the non-core penalty.
      BTW, I don't like the guy's idea of one building making everything better, but what about building stuff. The more you build, the happier the people are.

Just a suggestion, please don't shout at me.
      Well yeah but if you had brains you'd know what I mean. ;)
      If you build the Infractructure at level 3 you get 50% of increase in resource production, but if it's a non-core province you get th 75% penalty of resource production. One adds, the other one minuses kin of even out if you have a max infrastructure and industrial centre.
      -75%+50%=-25%-industial centre level 3(30%)=+5% so you can acctully get on plus after you have those upgrades.

-George S. Patton

- Albert Einstein

• FilipALFA wrote:

Well yeah but if you had brains you'd know what I mean.
      If you build the Infractructure at level 3 you get 50% of increase in resource production, but if it's a non-core province you get th 75% penalty of resource production. One adds, the other one minuses kin of even out if you have a max infrastructure and industrial centre.
      -75%+50%=-25%-industial centre level 3(30%)=+5% so you can acctully get on plus after you have those upgrades.
      No, because the infrastructure increases 50% of what the province produces as a non-core. +50% non-croe is not equal to -25% core, capisce?
      The past is a foreign country.