New skins

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I firmly believe that there should be more skins than the ones we have now but as an attempt to get more players attention and hopefully the staffs attention I have recreated a post from awhile back. I hope call of war can add more skins such as british, french, italy and other nations of course. I realize this may take sometime or you guys might just shrug it off but I believe that it would add more realism to the game and would make the game more unique than it already is
    • MonsieurIvan wrote:

I want to add that I think the western style interceptor looks like a toy lol.
      Actually, the Hawker Sea Fury was one of the three or four fastest piston-engine fighters ever built, and one of the two or three best piston-engine carrier planes, but it never saw action in WW2. It was really a very odd choice for a representative Anglo-American fighter, when such iconic aircraft as the Supermarine Spitfire and North American Mustang were available.

We really need to have completely separate sets of British and American skins, with separate icons for infantry, armor, aircraft and ships for Britain (and other Empire/Commonwealth countries), Germany, Japan, the Soviet Union and the United States. I still laugh every time I see a Bismarck-class battleship icon with an American or British flag, and the use of German icons for Ukraine, New Zealand, India and the Philippines on some maps is simply not appropriate.

Bottom line: we need complete icon skin sets for the five major nations before we even consider adding skins for any others.
    • I agree that more skins would be nice. But even more valuable would be if more of the units of the existing fractions would change their appearance after level upgrades. Just like it's working beautifully already when upgrading level 1 rockets to level 2.
      So that (just as an example) not all German medium tanks would look like Pz.IV, but level 1 like Pz.III, level 2 like Pz.IV, level 3 like Panther and so on.
      Would be an uplifting feeling after days of researching on new weapons to then actually see them on the map.