Quitting a Game & Name CHange

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quitting a Game & Name CHange

Hiya, hey is there a way to quit a game, I clicked on one of the gold purchase games to have a look, it gave me no option to quit (the back button was greyed out, only had ok to go forward etc., I then ended up in a game that I don't want to take part in ... I don't want to tie up a place that someone else might want to use hence my question!

Also is there anyway to change my game name to my Forum name. 8|

thanks
    • Typically if you just close the window when you find yourself starting to select the wrong game it will cancel your joining, provided you have not yet clicked the "join" button, at least that works on larger maps where you look to see if the country you want is available or not. (I have not tried with gold rounds) If you highlighted a country but did not click the "join" button before you closed the window that country is "reserved" for you for I think an hour, before you get a nice message that you were removed for inactivity.

If you archive the game you will be declared inactive after 2 day changes of not logging in.

As for changing your account name or in-game name it is rumored that if you send in a politely worded bug report that you may get your name changed. I have also heard rumors that it is not easy to do, or not done routinely so an official comment from @WiseOdin on the matter would be good.

War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Name changes are done routinely, but on an "as needed" basis for the players. Players that have accidentally chosen their legal name as their username, or players with names that skate on the edge of the rules, are welcome to put in a name change request to have a new name chosen. Requests are best made through a bug report, asking for the name to be changed with a short answer as to why it should be changed (ie, legal name), and list at least three options, in order of preference, as to what you wish the name be changed to. Keep in mind that capitalization does not change a character's value, so if the name "Thor" is taken, "THOR" would also be taken.
      Free Time looks good on me
    • From within a game: Gear button in lower right, then Bug button

Or if you are not currently within a game you can make a report from the support tab at the bottom of the main screen. Note that for in-game issues the report needs to come from within the game in order to reach the correct support department. A name change request could use either report method.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• hillbillybonez wrote:

Yeah Tried that for in game and forum and still have yet to see a change

To perhaps explain Wise Odin's comments in a different way. Name changes in the game do involve a fair bit of paperwork so to speak, so name change requests are unlikely to be granted on a whim. If there is an urgent need such as a privacy concern or a name that violates the terms of service the request will be passed on to the people with the authority to act on it. The few volunteer staff members who are handle such things typically have many responsibilities that occupy their time.

VorlonFCW