Home Decorations

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Home Decorations

Dear generals,

With this update the following changes that were already announced will go live: Airplane Changes (News, November 22) and Home Defense Bonus (News, December 6). Sadly you will still see a pop-up for now that mentions your action will trigger war when you help defending your allies territory, but this will not trigger war anymore. The removal of this pop-up is already scheduled.

Here is the list of all additional features and changes:
      • Core provinces will be returned back to their original owner when reconquered by another coalition member.
      • Games that are too old to join will be excluded from the non-filtered games list.
      • The coalition list now shows the flags of all member countries for each coalition.
      • The current position field for all naval units contained no information. This has been fixed.
      • On the [Dominion] Antarctica map, AI countries had offered diplomatic relations (like right of way or shared map). This has been fixed.
      • Researching before a game round has started is not possible anymore.
      Mobile

Here is the list of all features and changes regarding Call of War mobile:
      • We made major improvements to map rendering performance while dragging and zooming
      • We added visual in-game event notifications, which will be displayed instantly when they happen
      • Tapping events in the event history now links to the relevant player/province/research etc. for most cases
      • The push notification settings can now be accessed via the event list
      • The onscreen keyboard was overlapping important input fields like chat and diplomacy messages
      • Coalitions could not be created in the Play Store App. This has been fixed.
      • Scrolling through available trade relations and armies was not possible in personal trading
      • Fixed display of airplane target
      We hope you like the changes and feel free to give us feedback in the forum.

Your Call of War team
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager
    • Sasri wrote:

When accessing a game round in Call of War mobile you can click on the bell icon and will be able to see the latest events on that map.
      Ah. But not for the PC version of the game. I prefer to play on my laptop or desktop PC because I like to be able to play with a full-size screen. When I have big multi-front battles ongoing, I usually switch to my desktop and its 21" monitor full time.

It would be nice if we had an "events list" for the PC version too. Maybe in the future, eh?
    • Macalex wrote:

Montana, I have the feeling that events is like the newspaper on the PC version.
      I also prefer to play on pc/lap top. I just left another game after 5 years of playing due to the fact they left the pc/lap top folks behind for the big bad mobile players. It was sad to the game was great I was a beta player of the game. I sure hope that COW doesn't go that route cause I really enjoy this game.
      Stringfellow Hawke
      Air Wolf [Airwf]
      Staff Sergeant Lvl 63
      Looking for a few Good Men, Join Us Today!
    • hillbillybonez wrote:

Macalex wrote:

Montana, I have the feeling that events is like the newspaper on the PC version.
      I also prefer to play on pc/lap top. I just left another game after 5 years of playing due to the fact they left the pc/lap top folks behind for the big bad mobile players. It was sad to the game was great I was a beta player of the game. I sure hope that COW doesn't go that route cause I really enjoy this game.
      First, Macalex, mobile already had the newspaper. I think this is more a newsletter which shows information on the map that is relevant to you(like, take you to the place your armored car is getting hit by an enemy bomber, for example).

And I highly doubt they will be leaving PC anytime soon. Most developers make their games for multiple platforms, not withdraw a platform to head for more profitable markets. That just isn't a smart business move in the modern world. It just isn't. Unless you don't have the resources to maintain multiple platforms(highly unlikely).
    • hillbillybonez wrote:

I sure hope that COW doesn't go that route cause I really enjoy this game.
      Don't worry. Of course we won't turn off Call of War for desktop. As mentioned before we just want to be more cross platform. You can see the mobile version also as an addition. You don't have to choose just play on both :D

LordVoidVIII wrote:

When are we gonna get the winter decorations? Its getting real close to Christmas here...
      Sadly there won't be any winter decorations this year, many players complained that they were kind of confusing and distracting. Hope you are still getting the Christmas feeling somehow ;)
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager
    • NovaTopaz wrote:

hillbillybonez wrote:

Macalex wrote:

First, Macalex, mobile already had the newspaper. I think this is more a newsletter which shows information on the map that is relevant to you(like, take you to the place your armored car is getting hit by an enemy bomber, for example).
      And I highly doubt they will be leaving PC anytime soon. Most developers make their games for multiple platforms, not withdraw a platform to head for more profitable markets. That just isn't a smart business move in the modern world. It just isn't. Unless you don't have the resources to maintain multiple platforms(highly unlikely).
      Trust me it does happen and Kixeye is a Prime example of this lol thus why most of there gamers have went elsewhere and the games they have are dying.
      Stringfellow Hawke
      Air Wolf [Airwf]
      Staff Sergeant Lvl 63
      Looking for a few Good Men, Join Us Today!