15% Defensive bonus to native provinces

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Meh.

I understand the implementation of the home defense. I do. I think it should be tweaked to only active players receive it and it can't compound with any fort bonus. That would be the only solution i think other than eliminating it completely.

When it went live. I had 2 lvl 2 light tanks(90 morale) vs 1 lvl 1 infantry (AI) on plains and lost a tank. To me that is overkill.
    • WiseOdin wrote:

I'm just.. Unsure how a rifleman from Berlin, would be 15% better fighting in Hamburg. He would hardly know the area like the back of his hand.
      Morale, gentlemen. It's all about morale, not home field advantage. A South Carolinian, a Texan and a Californian will still fight harder knowing they are defending American soil, even if it is in Maryland. And you certainly saw a similar phenomenon in WW2 Germany, when the bottom-of-the-barrel ad hoc units of teenagers, older men and replacements fought harder than reasonably expected to defend the Fatherland.

Whether that's worth an extra 15% defensive bonus on top of a 75% defensive bonus for L5 fortifications is an entirely reasonable subject for discussion, however. Just how tough were the Maginot or Siegfried lines or the prepared defenses at the Pas de Calais?
    • I prepped a level 2 and 3 fortification system in PL this month and UK blew through it in two days with 4 ground kill stacks and 3 air kill stacks. So the 15% isn't that big a deal. Had I only faced 1 or 2 kill stacks I would likely survived for a while. I did repel the French kill stack earlier in the month when the forts were only level 1, but I had unit parity at that time.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda