Players League 3

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Players League 3

Hello all,

Though PL 2 is far from finished, I am starting the thread for PL 3. Because I value the input from players to make this...well, a players league, I'd like some opinions about a few ideas that were suggested in the PL 2 game.

Please post your opinion about them (optionally of course:) ) if you want to join this game.

1: Alliances must always be published in the newspaper

2: A maximum of 2 allies per player, other players can only be NAP partners.

3: NAPs have a maximum length of 7 game days. They may be extended

4: NAPs will include the automatic promise, that you will not allow others to (ab)use this agreement to attack the NAP partner from your lands. Say France NAPs Spain, but allows ally Germany to attack Spain through French lands.

Some other ideas for the next game I personally have:

5: A game on the historical map with country selection. Players choose the country that they feel is best suited to their abilities. First come first go.

6: A game where rockets and nukes are forbidden (rocket fighters are fine if you want to research them).

Majority will decide. If votes are equal, I will be the deciding vote. I will aim for 10 player map, unless interest is so high 22p map is viable.

Participants:

- Miech
    - Butter Ball Bill
    - Trycster
    - CzarHellios
    - Outdated
    - Xarus
    - Galmea
    - Nimbrel
    - Pablo22510
    - Dasrafa
    - Desert-foxx
    - RogodeterSnowl
    - FilipALFA
    - BoccaccioP
    - Buyaka
    - iSpecter
    - adrianovicius
    - Shodanar

The post was edited 11 times, last by miech ().

• Both players added:).

Since Czar is the only one so far giving an opinion about added rules, for now the extra rules are:

- 2 allies max per player
    - no nukes and rockets

Didnt catch your preference for historical (or not) Czar.

@ Oudated: No worries, this is the best place to learn the game. Even a quick defeat can be educational:)
  • You can count on me, if some points are cleared.

---

The idea to post the allies into the newspaper take away a old problem from this kind of matches. I have played a lot of this games in Supremacy, Thirty Kingdoms and Call of War. Most matches with a lot of good and active players, had one problem, a conflict between the players about they allies. The newspapers are full of accusation and most times some players quit these round because these troubles.

These league is for all active players, if they are veterans or not, If we know who is allied we know how is enemy and who is maybe a partner. New players in the league are not known, so the veterans are not happy to ally with a unknown guy. Will he quit or is he a noob? So we prefer a partner we known right?

Maybe to declare the allies in the news, take away some deep from the game, but we can win a clear fight with a lot of strategy, instead some dirty intrigue. What do we want?

---

The idea with the NAP is a normal standard NAP. It's the same with the rule for the allies. Newer players have a chance to learn playing. This standard NAP with the rules from miech are pretty good. You can make your own NAP if you want. But most players are lazy and happy if they can use a contract with some points in it and they must only agree with it or not.
    Remember: If you have a long time NAP with an other player, are you happy to attack him in the end?

---

7 ) A standard NAP not includes a right of way, but can be given!

---

8 ) Shared Map is only given to players I'm ally with.

----

I think the idea to cancel rockets and nukes is quite good.

Would you like to play with your friends in a game where gold is banned?

Watch for the next season starts in September!
  • Personally I dont mind allying with newer players, joining the PL means that

A: they bother to look at the forum
    B: reading it and signing up

In the past, people tended to stick in the game, newer players as well. There are of course exceptions, but I found them to be rare.

Heck, currently the PL only has new players, its just the 3rd iteration;) (but I understand your point Xarus).

Good more people are voicing their opinions.

@ Xarus: I believe I can add you up for a 'yes' on all new suggestions then? :)
  • Nimbrel, we all had learned a lot :)

@All: Maybe it's a idea to wait with the start of the game three, for the upcoming launch of the new "Wold Map". If we start quickly after launch an make some advertising in the forum & chat, we get maybe some new players for the league and this map full.

What did you think?

Would you like to play with your friends in a game where gold is banned?

Watch for the next season starts in September!
  • 1: Alliances must always be published in the newspaper
    no, then it would be less of a mystery to other players.
    yes, else you might get a couple big colonies fighting eachother which isn't really much of a 'league'
    no, this is just as stupid as making call of war to barby pony
    4: NAPs will include the automatic promise, that you will not allow others to (ab)use this agreement to attack the NAP partner from your lands. Say France NAPs Spain, but allows ally Germany to attack Spain through French lands.
    No, because NAP is meant to be NAP, not 'I won't hurt you, wait, yes I will actually'

5: A game on the historical map with country selection. Players choose the country that they feel is best suited to their abilities. First come first go.
    Yes, this is a good idea, because that is more fair for everyone!
    6: A game where rockets and nukes are forbidden (rocket fighters are fine if you want to research them).
    Yes, they sometimes break up fun (especially when people just get 10s of rockets)
    And can I join??? :D
  • dasrafa wrote:

1: Alliances must always be published in the newspaper
    no, then it would be less of a mystery to other players.
    yes, else you might get a couple big colonies fighting eachother which isn't really much of a 'league'
    no, this is just as stupid as making call of war to barby pony
    No, because NAP is meant to be NAP, not 'I won't hurt you, wait, yes I will actually'
    I disagree with you disagreeing.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!