Reveal planes

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Reveal planes

      Hello guys!
      Recently, I used gold to reveal all armies of one of my enemies. He has many troops and I was curious to see them.
      One problem occured: I am sure he has many planes, once I saw a squadron with 24-25 aircrafts patrolling close to my border but only a few planes (2-3) appeared on the map after revealing all armies.
      What happened to the other 20 (or more) planes?
      I am sure he has them, I read all the articles about him and he could not lose them. It is very unlikely that he sold them (I am in a "share map" relation with his only ally).
      Where are they? Do planes not appear on map after "reveal all armies" option?
      Could you help me? I am not using gold very often so I don't know what happened...
      Thanks.
    • One possibility is that you have a unit within view range of where the planes were when you got reveal, but the planes have since moved. If that is the case you could try moving your units away from that area and the old intel ghosts should show up. However, since you used gold you probably looked at everything right away so it may be for some other reason.
    • DxC wrote:

      One possibility is that you have a unit within view range of where the planes were when you got reveal, but the planes have since moved. If that is the case you could try moving your units away from that area and the old intel ghosts should show up. However, since you used gold you probably looked at everything right away so it may be for some other reason.
      Thank you for your response. I'll try this.
    • I have seen allies use gold to reveal all armies before, and I think some can be missed. I know that none of an enemies submarines appeared in a gold reveal, even though we knew he had several.

      DxC's answer is also likely true. If those planes were slightly visible when the reveal was done they will not show properly.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill



      VorlonFCW
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

      >>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

      DxC's answer is also likely true. If those planes were slightly visible when the reveal was done they will not show properly.
      Yup. I've seen this before: known aircraft-class units (including missiles) don't show up in the reveal. "Reveal all armies" only shows the paid-for intelligence until the next daily update, and I have also noticed during the during day that some destroyed and some moved units don't show up anymore and that also includes aircraft. So there may be two possible "bugs" at work (if, in fact, they are bugs and not design features ---- sort of an "x-factor" for imperfect intelligence).
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

      I have seen allies use gold to reveal all armies before, and I think some can be missed. I know that none of an enemies submarines appeared in a gold reveal, even though we knew he had several.

      DxC's answer is also likely true. If those planes were slightly visible when the reveal was done they will not show properly.
      Submarines that are close to a coast or ships and units are revealed, however the issue is that your units live intel over-rides the (gold or manual) spy intel, which makes subs disappear. I brought this up to the devs about a year ago. I'll throw a fit that it hasn't been fixed :(

      As far as planes, as Vorlon stated, the base your intel places them at may be in view. This could be due to your own recon, or even because they were in sight at the time of reveal (flying a mission over an area you have sight of) but have since moved on.
      Free Time looks good on me