Elite AI picking on me

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Elite AI picking on me

Hello, my first post!

Playing my first game with Elite AI and the AI hates me. I've read on other threads that if you're too aggressive the AI will come after you.

I'm playing as Italy and only ever attacked one country (France). I don't recall if I declared war or just invaded. I now have my 9th AI country declare war on me (starting with Switzerland!) and all others have trade embargoes and will probably attack soon. The other human players don't seem to have this problem with the AI.

Looking for some feedback as to why this is happening.

Is it because I'm still the point leader overall? Or because I'm the most "dreaded" nation (what does that mean anyway)? Any other suggestions?

Should I just withdraw all my troops to Rome and hope they all go away?

The post was edited 1 time, last by ...Batfink...: Small typo ().

• What I recall from S1914 was that if you attack a nation(AI or player) without declaring war that you are added to the 'dreaded nation' category.....I presume that if one AI declares war on you then it increases the chance for others to pile on but I don't truly know....this is just what I seem to have been observing from the rounds I played with elite AI.
    • I DID hear of that, actually I experienced it myself. As Britain, in a game where I was the last active player, I then decided to invade France. The AI had been exceptionally nice to me (I had shared map with almost everyone) and I declared war before attacking because I knew about the Elite AI's characteristics, and after 10 days I had like 10-15 wars to fight and no shared maps at all anymore. I also wrote a thread about it, I am gonna search it, if I find it, I'm gonna post the link here.

EDIT: the thread is in GERMAN. Here is the link: Elite KI- Strategie? Nö, mehr Angreifer is besser.
    • Thank you Bjorn (viel dank),

My German is not so great but still good enough to muddle through. High school German plus Google translate. Jawohl!

It seems the Elite AI really kicks in after a week or so. After that it doesn't take long for my allies with Right of Way to move through peace to embargo to war.

What I don't understand is why the other human players (there are only 2 others left) don't have the attacks happening to them.

Makes it exciting I suppose but there should be some way to get back on side. Maybe I could trade a province or resources for a ceasefire? Every AI should have their price...

I think I can beat all the AIs but it's the humans I don't trust.
    • As I recall from S1914 Elite-AI has a rating wich county the like and wich dont. Over there, besides from negative issues like declaring wars or invasionn without the only thing you could do to raise your friedship is

- trading, the resource trading with other counties has an slight good impact. The more you trade the more they like you. As this will be done over the "open market" you have almoust no control who are your trading partners. Every Countrie has an different demand anyway. As your trading influence your "friendship score" the trading between AI´s does as well and If you are in war with a good friend of them,AI score drop will drop more. Trade embargos will have a significant effect because you cannot raise the score through trading anymore. And with every nation joining a war against you their partners values wiill also drop more. Its a chain reaction. There should be a chance to stop the original war, but i dont know about that for sure, I thing read about once anywhere sometime but cant remember where it was.

- There is another way too raise your score. Thast are trade-embargos and war against hatet nations. However teir friends may dont like it. With human players in the game which are "evil" nations (war without a decleration" acttions against them will score for you and trade and pacts with them will again score against you.

But I never heard of such dramatic situation.
    • Dreaded nations (Elite AI game)

Macalex wrote:

The world's most dreaded nations

A public-opinion poll revealed that the following nations are the most feared:
      1st: Finland, Prime Minister Aimo Cajander
      2nd: Norway, Prime Minister Johan Nygaardsvold
      3rd: Lithuania, Prime Minister Vladas Mironas
      4th: Poland, Prime Minister keizercasper
      5th: Romania, Prime Minister LucaPacioli
      6th: Bulgaria, Prime Minister Georgi Kyoseivanov

Hello guys,

I know it's an old post but didn't want to add more post when there is topics already open on this.

Just started my first gold game with Elite AI. We have this on the first day of the match. Anyone knows what it means? Finland, Norway, Lithuania and Bulgaria are all AI and Poland and Romania are humans. Were they selected randomly or they have a specific stats that make them dreaded?

What are the specific diplomacy you can have with an AI ? Are they the same than normal AI? I know sometimes they go at war by themselves, anything else?

Any information on all this is welcome!
    • You have a popularity with each nation. If you look at a countries info in diplomacy you can see what your popularity is with them. You also have a global popularity which is some kind of average of the individual popularities. I assume the most dreaded nations are the ones with the lowest global popularity. When the game starts though all nations have similar global popularity so the most dreaded aren't that much more dreaded than others. If your popularity with a particular country drops low enough they will embargo or declare war with you. If you start a lot of wars your popularity will drop.