PL rules - effective season 2018-1

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PL rules - effective season 2018-1

These are the Player's League rules for the 1st season of 2018:

1) Round usually start at the first day of the month, and run one full day short the normal length of the month (e.g. the january round ends at the day change from january 30th to january 31st). Exception will be published on this forum.
    2) A coalition can have a maximum of three members. Players can create, join, leave, and disband a coalition at any moment they wish. There should be no loss of honor doing so; in fact coalitions should only be considered to be a tool for enforcing rule number (4) below.
    3) At the end of the round, every player earns an amount of points equal to the victory points on the last day change of the round.
    4) Having a Right-of-way or Share-map with a player outside a coalition is forbidden. PLEASE NOTE: this also includes NPC's and inactives. Players leaving a coalition are responsible themselves for adhering to this rule and must cancel SM/RoW upon leaving; former coalition partners must cancel it within 12 hours.
    4a) Only exception to rule (4) are the former coalition members of an inactive player; they are still allowed to have RoW with the inactive player (after all they cannot cancel the RoW offer by the inactive nation).
    5) GOLD USE IS FORBIDDEN!! We will set EXTREMELY harsh rules for breaking them... If you are caught using gold, you will be banned from the PL for the remainder of the season, unless you confess in a PM to the moderator within 1 hour of doing it, and are willing to accept, and cooperate in executing, a penalty which will be severe enough to make sure you never do it again (like... healing one unit will cost you three).
    6) NAP's and other diplomatic agreements (other than those in the rules above) are not a part of the official rules, and will not be enforced by the moderators.
    7) Tech stacking (using the same unit type of different levels in the same stack) is NOT allowed. You can swap units with other players even if your tech levels differ, but you are NOT allowed to merge them into the same stack. Offending stacks must be split immediatly at the request of any other player in the World Herald. Failing to do so within 12 hours, or if significant advantage was gained by breaking this rule, additional penalties may be imposed by the moderator.
    8) Moderating decisions are final. Players must respect and obey moderating decisions, if they fail to do so they may be expelled from the round or even the PL as a whole at moderator discretion.
    9) Be respectful: Morale rule based on staff ethics, Bytro ethics, and normal social ethics.
    Everybody has a right to be stupid, but some people abuse the privilege. - Josef Stalin.

The post was edited 1 time, last by K.Rokossovski ().

• K.Rokossovski wrote:

4) Having a Right-of-way or Share-map with a player outside a coalition is forbidden. PLEASE NOTE: this also includes NPC's and inactives. Players leaving a coalition are responsible themselves for adhering to this rule and must cancel SM/RoW upon leaving; former coalition partners must cancel it within 12 hours.
    there are some players who may not be active enough to make the 12 hour deadline
  • If im not mistaken, if two or three players play in same coaliction, at the end of round they all point not evenly proportioned share.

I think is a problem, if we have a large frontier, and play as a team, but one of the member are closer to the frontier, or his troops are faster and capture all of the enemy land. So doeant matter if this two player play as a team and have same casultaties, maybe only one of this two player get victory points? Its not fair i think. Havent got a possibility to share vps at the end of round?

I suggest one thing. If im player A, and play with player B. We are in a coalicton. At the end of round i have 100 vp, B player have 50 vp. I suggest that if A and B agreed at same opinion we can tell to moderator different points. Like 75-75 or 90- 60 etc. If we arent at same opinion, A get 100 vp B get 50 vp.

What do you think ?
  • It's something that would likely need to be resolved for next season, not his one. However, I think we have the two extremes even division of points (last season) versus self points only (this season). A formula that takes both into account would seem to be in order to account for the player described above, or a player who takes on the naval role for the coalition or fortifies a border to provide a secure flank.

maybe 75% of player points to the individual with the remaining 25% going into a pool that is divided evenly among the members, or it could be some other % breakdown.
    Example 3 players in coalition end with 100/50 and 150 points, the awarded points on the above 75%/25% example would work out as:
    Player A 100 pts (75 + 25 = 100) 100 points awarded
    Player B 50 pts ( 37.5 + 25 = 52.5) 52.5 points awarded
    Player C 150 pts (112.5 + 25 = 137.5) 137.5 points awarded
    "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
  • This rule was changed by popular demand, because NAP's and coalitions both became unbreakable and big power blocks signed them too early. I have always been in favor of team spirit and equal sharing of points, but those problems were too big to handle with that system. I don't see the point of "traffic lighting" between the two systems (even though the january game proved that current rules didn't solve the problems they were meant to adress).
    Everybody has a right to be stupid, but some people abuse the privilege. - Josef Stalin.