Where are the Land Swap Maps?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Where are the Land Swap Maps?

Is it just me, or would it be wicked if we could start making Call of War land swap maps? I mean, we already have the designed ones for the most part in Supremacy 1914, but not in Call of War yet.

Just thought it would make things very fun, especially for the particular scenarios where it would require a steady knowledge of the exact provinces to form the alternative history to prepare for the RP.

Not to mention, it is almost a masterpiece looking at photos like this:

Hello there! :)

• For us ignorant savages that have no clue about S1914, perhaps you can explain a bit?

What is a land swap map? How does it work?

Why do we want one?
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

For us ignorant savages that have no clue about S1914, perhaps you can explain a bit?

Why do we want one?
      A landswap map is usually used for roleplaying games that require certain countries to take over land while others have less land for the sake of following a sort of historic boundary -- always an unranked game.

They are popular in Supremacy for creating maps where people can play 1800s games and 1920s games with the boundaries that complement that time period, instead of the status quo boundaries.

The landswap usually is a visual representation of what countries will get what provinces during the phase where they redraw their territory size.

I do not know the ruling about if landswap is allowed in Call of War, but considering it is in Supremacy 1914, another bytro game, I would assume so because it is an unranked roleplaying game, rather than a game that would disenfranchize other players with a lack of balance of power among the states.

Just a thought. I know that with the non core provinces it somewhat challenges this due to moral problems, but it would still be an interesting idea for those that like cold war alternative roleplaying games.

PS: And Roleplaying Game or RPG is where you pretend to act as the administration and or leader of a country and produce well written stories and news about the nation using the newspaper tab. Very popular among these games :)
      Hello there! :)

• Irritator wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

For us ignorant savages that have no clue about S1914, perhaps you can explain a bit?

Why do we want one?
      A landswap map is usually used for roleplaying games that require certain countries to take over land while others have less land for the sake of following a sort of historic boundary -- always an unranked game.
      They are popular in Supremacy for creating maps where people can play 1800s games and 1920s games with the boundaries that complement that time period, instead of the status quo boundaries.

The landswap usually is a visual representation of what countries will get what provinces during the phase where they redraw their territory size.

I do not know the ruling about if landswap is allowed in Call of War, but considering it is in Supremacy 1914, another bytro game, I would assume so because it is an unranked roleplaying game, rather than a game that would disenfranchize other players with a lack of balance of power among the states.

Just a thought. I know that with the non core provinces it somewhat challenges this due to moral problems, but it would still be an interesting idea for those that like cold war alternative roleplaying games.

PS: And Roleplaying Game or RPG is where you pretend to act as the administration and or leader of a country and produce well written stories and news about the nation using the newspaper tab. Very popular among these games :)
      lol finally someone brings it up. RPU membership is currently working on one, though it looks like it will take a while.
      "Unity and Loyalty Above All"

My Youtube Channel is linked in the thumbnail

The New Roleplayers Union Discord is linked to the Banner.