Is Gold over-powered?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is Gold over-powered?

I know these types of games make money from micro-transactions. I really do love this game, but I don't buy gold. Over the course of a few months, I've accumulated 35k in gold, but haven't used any yet.

I'm in a game now, where my opponent is just crushing me by spending Gold. This is frustrating because after 20 days, I had positioned myself very well and had myself in a winning position. This is suppose to be the part of the game where I really enjoy myself and move in for the kill.

However, my opponent is just now instantly cranking out units and has gained the upper hand. The only way to beat an opponent like this is to out-spend them; which as I said, I don't spend real money on this game.

When Gold is so powerful in this game, I think it ruins it. It's becomes not about strategy, but instead, about who is willing to pay more real money to win a game.

Thoughts?
    • Gold is the profit engine for call of war but that being said no one likes to compete against a prolific Gold user. Maybe limiting the gold expenditure per game would help balance the game. For example "not more than $30 K per game ($10 real money) . You can "mine gold " thru surveys and ads but that won't last long against a Golden BOY. I usually use some gold at the start to accelerate some research but usually not units.