Join the Arms Race

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• you need to work on resource managemet and prioritise, you can get it into positive figures after a few days. The main issue is the unit upkeep, go to battle lose some units and you get a positive change in MP rate. Then u can build the units u want.

Railroad guns come into their own in this game, just saying :)
    • Having started 8 Arms Race Maps and losing a week of my life to the game I feel I need to make some points.

1. More Advanced warning of an Arms Race Events. Playing 8 Arms Race on top of the 8 normal games I had on at that time was a handful, I would have prefered to not having so many games on and would have not started on some if I knew Arms Race event was coming up.

2. Alternative Format. One way to get around the Advanced Warning is to have the games continously running throughout the year. Like the system generated maps, they would pop up perhaps on a Wed and Sunday. Since they run faster we would need to have more being started per week.

One important side benefit of this would be we could attract and retain players who do not really like the slower pace of the normal game. I for one would probably play 4x exclusively.

The game is absolute gem at 4x. Yes you can be unlucky and get wiped out as you sleep but that's a price am willing to pay.

Whatever we have, we just need more Arms Race maps, please? bitte?
    • I would like to suggest that it would be awesome to be able to create ams race maps for alliance matches and whatnot. Of course it would be a gold feature, and worth a lot more than elite AI for sure.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Clanpred wrote:

Having started 8 Arms Race Maps and losing a week of my life to the game I feel I need to make some points.

1. More Advanced warning of an Arms Race Events. Playing 8 Arms Race on top of the 8 normal games I had on at that time was a handful, I would have prefered to not having so many games on and would have not started on some if I knew Arms Race event was coming up.

2. Alternative Format. One way to get around the Advanced Warning is to have the games continously running throughout the year. Like the system generated maps, they would pop up perhaps on a Wed and Sunday. Since they run faster we would need to have more being started per week.

One important side benefit of this would be we could attract and retain players who do not really like the slower pace of the normal game. I for one would probably play 4x exclusively.

The game is absolute gem at 4x. Yes you can be unlucky and get wiped out as you sleep but that's a price am willing to pay.

Whatever we have, we just need more Arms Race maps, please? bitte?
      So you are blaming Bytro for your extremely poor decision of playing 16 (SIXTEEN!) games at once? Get a life dude...anymore than 6 games at once (if you are past the starting few days) is too much to handle if you have a job/school.
    • My goal was to win my Arms Race map solo and I had over 1000 VP when I just got burnt out and joined a coalition for the win. Once again, I did most of the work and got the same gold as the member with 190 VP. I did them a favor by not steamrolling their land (which I easily could have done). Still broken.

On Topic = Something is wrong with this idea...either the 4x was too fast or having all research unlocked from day 1 is bad. Please keep one or the other going forward. Forcing players to still use their brain on research decisions is preferable instead of giving kids using nuke bombers on real day 3. I shot them down but most dont know how.

How about speeding up the 100-man map to match or exceed other current maps? Right now the 100-man has slower research and production with is counter-intuitive based on how large the map is. This map needs a 1.5 speed boost.
    • Clanpred wrote:

Oh another thing.

Can we have Naval Bases in those IC provinces that are on the coast at the start as well?

Bitte?
      I like that idea. Level 3 naval bases, for carriers and battleships from day one also. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• Lawrence Czl wrote:

A country without water often needs to expand to water. So giving naval bases would put them at a disadvantage.
      But having naval bases already constructed on the waterfront property that they capture balances that out I think.

VorlonFCW

• Another "flaw" :) in Freezy's argument is that by providing researched Navy (Arms Race already has that) you are giving an advantage to coastal countries anyways.

It takes 3 minutes to build a level 1 NB anyways, but then it takes precious resources for the other levels.

We are missing out on the Naval warfare aspect here.