Screenshot Thread -- Greatest Battles/Epic Moments

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Tibet development.

Somehow, for some reason, I found Spain in control of some province in Canada.

Also, Dutch great power at 210 VPs, Berlin, and France

And the state of my empire, at war with Bulgaria, Siam, Nationalist China, Afghanistan, and France.
      Images
      • dutch.PNG

516.82 kB, 657×385, viewed 205 times
      • syria.PNG

317.73 kB, 508×363, viewed 211 times
      • tibet30.PNG

1.02 MB, 834×636, viewed 187 times
      • tibetspain.PNG

1.04 MB, 1,207×639, viewed 176 times
    • (Took me 4 tries to upload this, :tumbleweed: and this would make a hilarious loading bar)

As you can see, I'm Quebec, and these are ALL my provinces. I did something that made Alberta mad (his ally Illinois was a victim to friendly fire) and he took all my core provinces, and cut through my ally Ontario to get to me (I told him I had a mine field of DDs). I became an ally of Sumatra (that's how I met @Nearsofar), he traded me several provinces. South Africa, who was also "banished" from his core provinces, attacked Sumatra with a stack of lvl.1 tanks/infantry. I took back some of the provinces, Sumatra let me keep them (most eventually rebelled anyway 8| ).
      Soon after Sumatra's coalition launched Operation Homesick, which was to get my core provinces back... it failed, and took my last original troops (RIP Armored Car No.1). North Argentina then attacked Sumatra, I managed to stay neutral, hoping to trade rare mat with him, (never got it, but did get a province with goods production).
      All this time I was researching nukes, and will be ready for Alberta's BBs (he has at least 2 heading for me at the time of this post).
      Forum Gang Mascot
      Girls game too

dxcalc.com/cow
    • injinji wrote:

As you can see, I'm Quebec, and these are ALL my provinces. I did something that made Alberta mad (his ally Illinois was a victim to friendly fire) and he took all my core provinces, and cut through my ally Ontario to get to me (I told him I had a mine field of DDs). I became an ally of Sumatra (that's how I met @Nearsofar), he traded me several provinces. South Africa, who was also "banished" from his core provinces, attacked Sumatra with a stack of lvl.1 tanks/infantry. I took back some of the provinces, Sumatra let me keep them (most eventually rebelled anyway ).
      Soon after Sumatra's coalition launched Operation Homesick, which was to get my core provinces back... it failed, and took my last original troops (RIP Armored Car No.1). North Argentina then attacked Sumatra, I managed to stay neutral, hoping to trade rare mat with him, (never got it, but did get a province with goods production).
      All this time I was researching nukes, and will be ready for Alberta's BBs (he has at least 2 heading for me at the time of this post).
      Too late, we Albertan have already engaged a strategic carpet bombing on well, in the usual Albertan manner, everything. :D
      Good luck, and say Hi to the guys at 408 will ya?
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower
    • Here goes nothing. I hope he stays an AI for a couple of days.
      I have the worst luck, so he probably won't.
      Images
      • Screenshot from 2018-04-02 09-43-39.png

1.21 MB, 1,215×1,000, viewed 171 times
      Jack London, White Fang

• The 24 stack of enemy units is about half anti air, so an attack with a nuke bomber will definitely end with the atomic bomber shot down instead of detonating.

However there are two railroad guns crawling along just 12 km from the big stack. A nice juicy undefended target, and the big stack is perfectly within the blast radius. (speed round, so 13 minutes is just under an hour of normal speed travel, or 12 km)

Just minutes later:

Wiped clean. :thumbsup:
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Excellent example of the importance of good tactics in Call of War, Kosh.

The direct bombing run by the atomic bombers against the larger stack almost certainly would have failed because of the anti-aircraft strengths of the big stack, but by directly targeting the smaller stack, the atomic bombers were also able to indirectly destroy the big stack which was within the 50-kilometer blast radius centered on the small stack.

In my personal experience with in-game nukes, a single nuclear missile will typically destroy 15 to 25 ground units in a single stack, but it can destroy two or three times that number if there are several stacks within the 50 km blast radius. The best time to use a nuke against ground units is when they are in the process of disembarking during an amphibious invasion and all of the included units have reduced hit points and are thus easier to kill. The best time to nuke enemy aircraft units is while they are on the ground and refueling and the hit points of each included squadron are reduced from 20, 25 or 30 to only 5 hit points. By targeting ground units disembarking during an amphibious landing, I have incinerated 70+ ground units with a single nuclear missile strike; by targeting a large stack of refueling aircraft squadrons, I have destroyed 25+ squadrons with a single nuclear missile.

Again, good tactics will improve your results, and slamming your big stack against an enemy's big stack is usually the simplest and dumbest tactic that will result in the highest losses for both sides.
    • Forced march right before the arrival has no consequence. Make sure you use it, because the AI sure can't
      Images
      • Screenshot (89).png

912.14 kB, 1,252×704, viewed 170 times
      • Screenshot (90).png

872.2 kB, 1,244×700, viewed 190 times
      • Screenshot (91).png

35.27 kB, 231×130, viewed 285 times
      Jack London, White Fang

• HALLELUJAH!!! My biggest threats (one good player, one golder) gone! (Although I do wanna challenge that player)
      Images
      • Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 6.05.17 PM.png

704.83 kB, 985×669, viewed 115 times
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)