Why a defeated player can keep an army ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My understanding is: Once they have lost all provinces, the units should disappear at the next day change, unless they are able to secure a new territory prior to the day change.

I stand corrected, thank you for clarifying.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda

The post was edited 1 time, last by Peter Mat ().

• Peter Mat wrote:

My understanding is: Once they have lost all provinces, the units should disappear at the next day change, unless they are able to secure a new territory prior to the day change.
      Pete, I believe that only happens immediately to AI countries. I know this is a recent change, but I believe that human players' units remain on the board after they lose their last province, at least until they go inactive.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Peter Mat wrote:

My understanding is: Once they have lost all provinces, the units should disappear at the next day change, unless they are able to secure a new territory prior to the day change.
      Pete, I believe that only happens immediately to AI countries. I know this is a recent change, but I believe that human players' units remain on the board after they lose their last province, at least until they go inactive.
      I confirm. The current rule is (from Sept 2017 update) :

[list]

In addition, we made an important change to the way troops of defeated players are treated, together with a few bugfixes:

• When players lose all of their provinces AND become inactive or AI, their remaining armies are removed from the map and relations are reset to peace
      [/list]But it's not enough at all.
    • Personally I like being able to abandon land and save units to fight another day. Pick your battles. Territory can be regained, units are harder to replace.

I allow my enemies to be drawn into my trap and then eliminate them.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Under the new rules as I understand it if your core provinces are re-captured by a coalition member they will return to your control.

So bailing out and waiting for the rest of your coalition to save you is a valid tactic. It may not be one I would choose, but the choice is there.

Besides. If you say they can't recover from this disaster why are you complaining? Just go wipe them out!
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Because, from a realistic standpoint, it's nor logical nor possible. No economy = no army.

Because, on the battlefield, we have a lot of things to do next than fighting a few more days against an ennemy already defeated which has, moreover, no chance to come back. It's merely a waste of time.
    • CoralWar wrote:

Because, from a realistic standpoint, it's nor logical nor possible. No economy = no army.
      If that is so, how did the Pole's land airborne troops in Market Garden, how did Free French forces lead the Allies into Paris?
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda