Bashing Armoured Car's!!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bashing Armoured Car's!!!

What best describes the Armoured Car in Call of War 10
        Militia on wheels (5) 50%
        A racing car (2) 20%
        Hummer with guns through the windshield (0) 0%
        A top speed Ice Cream Truck (2) 20%
        The army's gang with guns in the car (0) 0%
        The Presidential Car (1) 10%
      I just don't understand why Call of War have that unit called the Armoured Car. You do get it in the start of the game but no one build's it after Day 3.. and Its useless as it can only defeat Infantry and nothing else!!!.

I hope Call of War can make it better and plz vote what best describe's this unit.

If want to add any voting options please message down below.
    • The present in-game armored car unit is, historically speaking, exactly what it should be: a fast moving, lightly armored, reconnaissance unit that can be used for infantry support in the absence of heavier armored units. It was never meant to compete with light tanks, medium tanks, heavy tanks, tank destroyers or mechanized infantry units as a front-line fighting unit, or go toe-to-toe with entrenched enemy troops supported by anti-tank units. If you're producing and maintaining more than 4 or 5 of them after Day 7 of the game, then you're missing the point of armored cars, which is reconnaissance, not combat.
    • In one 100 player map a few months ago I successfully defeated one enemy with armored cars as my only land force, supported by a fleet of tactical bombers. Of course it won't work on every opponent, but it made for rapid advancement. I have done the same on many occasions where I advance to capture vacant provinces with an armored car and conceal the bulk of my force well behind the front line until needed. The slower units will go twice as fast once I capture the province.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • MontanaBB wrote:

The present in-game armored car unit is, historically speaking, exactly what it should be: a fast moving, lightly armored, reconnaissance unit that can be used for infantry support in the absence of heavier armored units. It was never meant to compete with light tanks, medium tanks, heavy tanks, tank destroyers or mechanized infantry units as a front-line fighting unit, or go toe-to-toe with entrenched enemy troops supported by anti-tank units. If you're producing and maintaining more than 4 or 5 of them after Day 7 of the game, then you're missing the point of armored cars, which is reconnaissance, not combat.
      Do you mean the armored car shouldn't be super fast with a cannon on top? Like a Tank Destroyer, but faster and up armored? :saint:
      Free Time looks good on me
    • There's the classic story of a Greyhound taking out a Tiger, and some German ones had 50 and 75mm guns, but these can't really hold their own in a tank vs AC battle, realistically.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

There's the classic story of a Greyhound taking out a Tiger . . . .
      I just randomly came across the M8-vs.-Pzkfw VI story recently. Unbelievable what brave men will do when they're desperate . . . and talk about your lucky shots. A 37 mm gun vs. an 88 mm cannon and the Tiger's armor? Wow. If I remember the story, though, the armored car fired off its silver bullet into the rear end of the Tiger, where it was most vulnerable.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

There's the classic story of a Greyhound taking out a Tiger . . . .
      I just randomly came across the M8-vs.-Pzkfw VI story recently. Unbelievable what brave men will do when they're desperate . . . and talk about your lucky shots. A 37 mm gun vs. an 88 mm cannon and the Tiger's armor? Wow. If I remember the story, though, the armored car fired off its silver bullet into the rear end of the Tiger, where it was most vulnerable.
      Confirmed. Armored cars are tank killers. :thumbsup:

In all honestly, I don't see this getting any support behind it.
      Free Time looks good on me
    • MontanaBB wrote:

If I remember the story, though, the armored car fired off its silver bullet into the rear end of the Tiger, where it was most vulnerable.
      AFAIK the Tiger had about 80mm of rear armour to be fair, same as the sides. Not exactly paper thin haha.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• I'll add my two cents to this, Don't use armored cars against tank destroyers (duh) just use them for A. Defense or B. Recon. Armored Cars are just fine as they are, they are infantry support and not used to charge up against T-34s or Pz. IIIs if you do that the armored cars will be wiped out.
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"