2 nuclear bombers attacking a 100 units group including 27 AA

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Your answer is in your headline:

"2 nuclear bombers attacking a 100 units group including 27 AA"

Not only did you send two bombers to attack a large stack with 27 anti-aircraft regiments, but every one of the other 70+ units in the stack also contributed some anti-air capability to the stack's defense. Even allowing for the reduced/inefficient AA capability of an over-size stack of AA units because of state-based damage efficiency (SBDE), your bombers may have quite possibly run into a wall of 100 to 200 AA points . . . so, yeah, the result was expected by anyone who understands how AA works in Call of War.

FYI, I have witnessed the result you have described above, in similar circumstances, on several occasions. I have also shot down several nuclear bombers on their final attack runs with fighter wings.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• A couple threads ago you said AA was useless? Now it will kill nuke bombers? Make up your mind.
    War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
    Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
  • Sorry, That was supposed to be tongue in cheek, let me add a few emoticons. :D :P

This head cold is making me grumpy. ;( 8|
    War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
    Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
  • wayaya wrote:

Nuclear bombers were destroyed without causing any damage. I hope it is not true in the real war.
    In a real war with the deployment of nuclear assets, bombers carry defensive mechanisms that can divert say a SAM coming up towards it or even an air-to-air shot from defending fighters. Also, the strategic bombers used today fly at such a high altitude, making them less vulnerable to ground based defenses. The nuclear device can be employed a ways from the actual target and come in fast, with no chance of ground AA (say anything similar to Phalanx Systems or even 20mm guns, hitting the incoming ordnance. Of course, the bomber still has to worry about those pesky interceptor fighters waiting for them, even after their base or city was just turned into a glowing mass of earth you can see from the ISS. :evil:
    :tumbleweed:
  • mardetco wrote:

In a real war with the deployment of nuclear assets, bombers carry defensive mechanisms that can divert say a SAM coming up towards it or even an air-to-air shot from defending fighters. Also, the strategic bombers used today fly at such a high altitude, making them less vulnerable to ground based defenses. The nuclear device can be employed a ways from the actual target and come in fast, with no chance of ground AA (say anything similar to Phalanx Systems or even 20mm guns, hitting the incoming ordnance.
    This is a WWII game.
    :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

mardetco wrote:

In a real war with the deployment of nuclear assets, bombers carry defensive mechanisms that can divert say a SAM coming up towards it or even an air-to-air shot from defending fighters. Also, the strategic bombers used today fly at such a high altitude, making them less vulnerable to ground based defenses. The nuclear device can be employed a ways from the actual target and come in fast, with no chance of ground AA (say anything similar to Phalanx Systems or even 20mm guns, hitting the incoming ordnance.
    This is a WWII game.
    WOW! Is it, really? Of course, I was replying to another reply that had stated about a real war but you may have missed that. This is also a game, one that I am finding has many little quirks and doings not addressed in the manual but that is for another discussion. Thanks for the insight that this game revolves around WWII. I was thinking it was about wars in Indochina and SE Asia. lol
  • mardetco wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

mardetco wrote:

This is a WWII game.
    WOW! Is it, really? Of course, I was replying to another reply that had stated about a real war but you may have missed that. This is also a game, one that I am finding has many little quirks and doings not addressed in the manual but that is for another discussion. Thanks for the insight that this game revolves around WWII. I was thinking it was about wars in Indochina and SE Asia. lol
    Uhhh still about WWII. Your talk of flares and SAMs has no bearing on this conversation at all. Also, since you do seem to need things pointed out, WWII was, in fact, a real war as well.

So when someone says I hope/do not hope this happens in real war on a forum that is for a WWII game, they are probably referring to WWII when they say real war. Not Vietnam or Iraq.

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

mardetco wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

mardetco wrote:

This is a WWII game.
    Uhhh still about WWII. Your talk of flares and SAMs has no bearing on this conversation at all. Also, since you do seem to need things pointed out, WWII was, in fact, a real war as well.
    So when someone says I hope/do not hope this happens in real war on a forum that is for a WWII game, they are probably referring to WWII when they say real war. Not Vietnam or Iraq.
    Uh when someone says real war and nuclear bombers in the same breath, pretty certain they aren't talking about WWII or a game, but I can see that's how you wish to interpret it. Or did I miss that part in all those history classes I took in college, where the only nuclear bombs used were at the end? And once again, thanks for informing me WWII was a real war, I missed that completely, probably the same as you being a real general or something like that. Your attempt at sarcasm and lack of real world knowledge has not been lost on me good sir. I can tell from your years of experience running a game, you know more about the real world, and military than say, me, who served and has studied military history. But I'm sure my Masters Degree isn't nearly as worthwhile as your gaming knowledge. Carry on with your discussions and let's not worry about trivial matters such as actual knowledge, or the bugs causing this otherwise enjoyable gaming experience to be fully enjoyed.

Love the Sinn Fein sig btw.
  • mardetco wrote:

Carry on with your discussions and let's not worry about trivial matters such as actual knowledge, or the bugs causing this otherwise enjoyable gaming experience to be fully enjoyed.
    Name one *operational* SAM in WWII so, since you are so smart and immediately dived into talking about them in your first post. Also enlighten me as to which unit has SAMs in the game.

• Wow, it's like talking to my granddaughter. My original reply had nothing to do with this game or any game as I was replying to what I interpreted as a comment regarding a REAL war. Carry on general, conversing with you via typed words is giving me a headache.

Go back, re-read the post about REAL war, then re-read my reply. I know it's rough, but you can do it, I have faith in you. If not, not my concern, read what you will into a reply, but it should've been awfully obvious.

Perhaps the game creators could do just that, create SAM batteries. You have nuclear rockets and I don't recall any of those deployed in the real WWII, just a suggestion.

Ian Paisley wrote:

“They breed like rabbits and multiply like vermin” — talking about Catholics at a loyalist rally in 1969.

(I find that one hilarious as a Catholic. We actually breed like vermin and multiply like rabbits)
  • mardetco wrote:

My original reply had nothing to do with this game or any game as I was replying to what I interpreted as a comment regarding a REAL war.
    Why would you even do that? That has nothing to do with this thread. Did you just see words that you know and start talking?

mardetco wrote:

(I find that one hilarious as a Catholic. We actually breed like vermin and multiply like rabbits)
    Blame that on habits from high infant mortality rate. IE have 10 kids in the hope 3 survive.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Name one *operational* SAM in WWII

mardetco wrote:

Oh and remind me when SS-5 missiles were used in WWII
    Uhhhhhh

mardetco wrote:

Sinn Fein, building a better Ireland one terrorist attack at a time.
    They don't do that anymore, now they just get voted into the Dáil.

The post was edited 1 time, last by VorlonFCW ().