Healthy Mot. Infantry refuses to be alive.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Healthy Mot. Infantry refuses to be alive.

This little mishap, though not deadly, postponed down my hopes of invading the US with blitzkrieg tactics.
      However, what was serious about this bug was that I originally stationed some mot. infantry in London (I noticed that it was bugged), and I decided to stack it with another one from Manchester to see if the bug would go away.
      Looks like it was a pretty bad idea, and now both units refuse to be alive.
      I still haven't really stated how the bug works, I guess.
      How the infection operates (mwahahahah)
      1- The unit refuses to move or attack, even with 100% condition.
      2- The unit command window (The one with the buttons attack, delay, split, march, punch-up, refuse to adhere to anyone but High Commandors, etc.) refuses to close unless you go back to home and rejoin.
      3- The player moves something to the unit's position, stacks, and it looks like the bug is highly contagious disease. Despite having condition 100%, your troops refuse to live.
      4- Even worse, your unit strength is... Wait for it... 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.
      (Not that long, but you get it.)
      So far, I've been lucky it only involved two minor infantry units (If it was my Heavy tank brigade then I'd be scrud).
      However, if it was involving more important units under the control of an unsuspecting player, then RIP.
      Please fix this bug as soon as possible, I want to use my Lvl 3. Industrial Complex.
      Other minor notes:
      - The unit was stationed in London.
      - The affected units were both Mot. Infantry.
      - I also had 3 Interceptors, 1 Tac. Bomber, 1 Strat. Bomber, and 2 Naval Bombers in London, but they were not affected.
      Images
      • Screenshot (48).png

1.19 MB, 2,160×1,440, viewed 54 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by Banannagod ().

• 50% of the time something like this is a problem with your browser or your internet connection.

One thing to check is your server state. That is a round arrow icon in the bottom right corner.

If you hold your mouse over that button:

Connected = good
      connecting = problems
      disconnected = no orders you give will actually be transmittted to the server.

If you have tried reloading the browser tab and that did not fix the issue you will need to:

1) clear browser cache
      2) close the browser completely
      3) restart the browser
      4) Sometimes clear the browser cache again
      5) then try your game again, and observe the server state.

Now the other 50% of the time doing those steps on your end don't resolve the issue, and you will need to submit a bug report from within the game using the menu in the lower right corner and the icon that looks like a bug.

And for a case like this a Game Operator will reset the server and re-initialize this game from the database.

Of course once the server has been reset you may need to clear your browser cache and reload the game again to get the updated information.

things like this need to be handled through a bug report, sometimes called a support ticket, in order to be properly processed because a report gives us easy access to the tools to handle your request. If you happen to have several open games it is more difficult to know which game you are experiencing problems with. It also keeps tickets in order so that replies are handled efficiently.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Glad that following my instructions to close and reopen the browser fixed it.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<