Make all countries playable - special round?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Make all countries playable - special round?

Wouldn't it be cool to play as a smaller nation? I think that you should be allowed to play as ANY country you want even if this is available in a special map, I would still like this to be added. This could also be done as a special event.

Please consider my suggestion.
      -Thanks!
    • 100% Agreed! Honestly, I wish they'd add more nations to the 25 Player Map like they did with Cuba.

Some good picks could include:

the Netherlands
      Belgium
      South Africa
      Finland
      Denmark
      New Zealand
      Venezuela

Ireland could also be an interesting nation to play as, considering it's relation to the UK.
    • PineUK wrote:

the Netherlands
      Belgium
      South Africa
      Finland
      Denmark
      New Zealand
      Venezuela
      Play different maps, PineUK.

South Africa is playable on the 100-player world map.

Finland is playable on the 22-player European map.

New Zealand and four different Australian regions are playable on the 50-player Pacific map.

I've never played it before, but I'm pretty sure Venezuela is playable on the 50-player Americas map.

Given the scale of the various maps and the relative size of countries, and further given that resources -- including manpower production -- are crucial to a viable player country in Call of War, Austria, Belgium, the Netherlands, Greece, Luxembourg, Norway, Tunisia, etc., are never going to be countries on an equal footing with the Big Boys unless the reality-based map is altered to such a degree that it would no longer bare any resemblance to WW2 history. As it is, big countries like the Soviet Union and the United States have been subdivided to make them of a more equivalent size to the traditional European powers like Britain, France, Germany and Spain.

Also, the developers are never going to remove all of the small AI countries because they serve several purposes related to game mechanics (including priming the commodities market) and basic playability of the game (i.e. they serve as easy targets and practice for rookies and provide additional capitals for morale boosts).
    • MontanaBB wrote:

PineUK wrote:

the Netherlands
      Belgium
      South Africa
      Finland
      Denmark
      New Zealand
      Venezuela
      Play different maps, PineUK.
      South Africa is playable on the 100-player world map.

Finland is playable on the 22-player European map.

New Zealand and four different Australian regions are playable on the 50-player Pacific map.

I've never played it before, but I'm pretty sure Venezuela is playable on the 50-player Americas map.

Given the scale of the various maps and the relative size of countries, and further given that resources -- including manpower production -- are crucial to a viable player country in Call of War, Austria, Belgium, the Netherlands, Greece, Luxembourg, Norway, Tunisia, etc., are never going to be countries on an equal footing with the Big Boys unless the reality-based map is altered to such a degree that it would no longer bare any resemblance to WW2 history. As it is, big countries like the Soviet Union and the United States have been subdivided to make them of a more equivalent size to the traditional European powers like Britain, France, Germany and Spain.
      I believe you missed my point. I am aware that they are in different maps, I play all of the maps, but I would like to see them as a part of the historical map. I only view this as a possibility because Cuba - a nation that doesn't produce more than three resources - was relatively recently made an addition to the roster. I understand that it'd be impractical some of the time, but it could simply be made an option when creating the round.
    • NanoSounds wrote:

Wouldn't it be cool to play as a smaller nation? I think that you should be allowed to play as ANY country you want even if this is available in a special map, I would still like this to be added. This could also be done as a special event.

Please consider my suggestion.
      -Thanks!
      I don't think any sane person would want to play as Luxemburg. In my opinion, case closed.
    • Cuba being playable in the 25 player historical is a bug.

Didn't you try playing cuba @xXCooksterXx? How did that work for you? :P
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Cuba being playable in the 25 player historical is a bug.
      Correcting the record here: It isn't a bug, and cuba has always been playable.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Um, if you manipulate the diplomacy well, I guess any country works for you. I would really like to play Yemen. The OP resource production... mmm
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • I saw you playing Liberia. It was hilarious, since I thought you would be my biggest threat, and then I saw it. LOL :D :D :D

Edit:
      Albania is part of Italy, while Liberia has a small chance of getting steamrolled because it's next to colonies (unless Liberia provokes the mother country).
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • The All Countries All In was fun, the concept was great, but the RANDOM COUNTRY SELECTION. NO. I joined about eleven games to just get one that was playable. For the record: I got Danzig twice, Denmark twice, then Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Paraguay, Switzerland, Bulgaria, then FINALLY France.
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • I played as Cuba on the 25 players, and i made it to the top 8 ;) all you need is good strategy, and a very important fact is when ie. UK gets defeated all thoes Carribean colonies will rebel and you get them for free, you can run over those small central american countries, i even got some states in africa... im still playing it, but i am lucky that USA is inactive.
    • hakijaa wrote:

I played as Cuba on the 25 players, and i made it to the top 8 all you need is good strategy, and a very important fact is when ie. UK gets defeated all thoes Carribean colonies will rebel and you get them for free, you can run over those small central american countries, i even got some states in africa... im still playing it, but i am lucky that USA is inactive.
      It all depends on who is active. I played as UK, and I killed Cuba(an active player) by sending some troops from my mainland over. I once saw a game where Sweden killed Cuba. It all depends on who is active and who isn't, really.
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel