WADUP panzers!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• WADUP panzers!

hi! the names tanki junky! like my name in my gaming account, easy to find if you look up tankijunky you'll probably find tons of stuff i do on other websites. i actually decided to just join and see if i can get some good out of talking with other players. as of my intro im a huge fan of german blitzkreig and world war era weaponry course i dont support nazism (hate nazis) i still like german things, specifically tanks.
    • injinji wrote:

I'm a fan of German things too .. .. ..

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • injinji wrote:

I'm a fan of German things too, like the, uh, German rocket plane

to be fair, the 262 was a jet fighter, not a rocket fighter. Still, it got downed by a Mustang.
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower

The post was edited 1 time, last by NukeRaider33 ().

• Quasi-duck wrote:

NukeRaider33 wrote:

to be fair, the 262 was a jet fighter, not a rocket fighter. Still, it got downed by a Mustang.
      I would presume they mean the Me 162, though they could very easily just be clueless from what I have seen on this forum....
      Actually the Me 163, the 162 was Heinkel's "People's Fighter".

Me 163

He 162

There was also a Bf 163 by Messerschmitt
      Forum Gang Mascot
      Girls game too

dxcalc.com/cow
    • NukeRaider33 wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

I would presume they mean the Me 162
      the 162 was a Heinkel, not a Messerschmitt. Therefor, it is the He 162, not Me162
      I meant the 163.

injinji wrote:

Actually the Me 163, the 162 was Heinkel's "People's Fighter".
      I knew that just all the damn numbers in my head get mixed up lol. Trying to remember M4 variants alone makes my head spin with all the alterations and experiments. M4A3E2 god damn it, what does that even mean? Model 4 Alteration 3 Experiment 2 and no other info fml.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• The plane in the video looks more like a 262 than a 163... for example, it has two engines...?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Apart from the overly dramatized movie clip about the Tuskegee Redtails, most Me 262s that were shot down were lost because the U.S. Army Air Corps and RAF had overwhelming air superiority by weight of numbers. As a first-generation jet fighter, the Me 262 was faster and generally better than anything else flying -- with the possible exception of the British first-gen jet, which the RAF withheld from aerial combat over Germany to deal with V-1 buzz bombs -- but the best propeller-driven Allied fighters were often quicker in turns and almost as fast in dives. Still, the flood-the-zone tactics of the Allies meant the western air forces would simply do their best to protect their heavy bombers with P-51s and P-47s, and then use separate hunter-killer fighter wings to jump the Me 262s when they were out of fuel and returning from their bomber interception missions. There are numerous instances of Me 262s being bounced by Allied fighters as they were landing.

By late 1944, the Me 262, for all of its technological innovation, was simply too damn late to make a real difference. Even with greater operational numbers than were actually available, the Luftwaffe no longer had the fuel or the experienced pilots, both of which the Allies had plenty. The Me 163, on the other hand, was a complete operational failure that killed more of its own pilots than it did Allied bombers.
    • Model, I am not sure. I am tempted to say StuG III but I know it is wrong, and I have learned the model before. I just can't remember it. Pretty sure it is a homemade Finnish combat vehicle.

SuomiHunajaa wrote:

theatre of ops?
      For this I would imagine the Soviet-Finnish front near Leningrad but that is just a guess.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• It's indeed a StuG III, variant G. (Sturmgeschütz III Ausf. G )They formed the backbone of the (only) Armoured Division of the Finns. About 60 of these were in use by the Finnish Army by the end of WW II.

The PsD (Finnish abbrev. ) were the C-in-C's reserve and did not see much fighting until the after the Leningrad siege was broken and the Soviets turned to offensive ops again.

There you go. Learn something every day.

The table in the link here shows what a hotchpotch affair the Finnish armoured equipment consisted of.
    • SuomiHunajaa wrote:

Next question (just the model for this one).

A Soviet T-28. A pre-war design for an infantry support medium tank, though this concept was mostly abolished when the war actually started. Most remaining ones were lost during Barbarossa.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.