Error in counting time of arrival of troops

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Error in counting time of arrival of troops

There is an error in counting time of arrival of troops

When troop is going throug not owned provinces and we will conquer provinces, the time of arrival do not update, it's longer. We can update the time, shorter one, by clicking on 'Forced march' and unclicking it, we will see that normal march time has shortened.

It should be automaticlly counted. Whenever we get/lose province, time of travel for all troops which goes through it, should be recounted.

It's very important issue and very common error!
      It gives advangate to those who are often online and can recount time of arrival by hand for every troop :P :( it shouldn't be this way
    • Hi, I think I answered the exact same report somewhere in this forum this week already :D

Short version: It is not a bug, it is the way how the engine works and changing that is currently sadly not an option as it would create a heavy server load. Right now troop status is updated when:

1) they arrive at a waypoint (curves in roads, cities, or waypoints set-up with the "add target" command)
      2) they get new commands
      3) they start a fight

So you should indeed give them new commands (e.g. switching force march on and off, or repeating the move command) or pre-plan their route in smaller steps with the "add-target" feature.
    • But really You think that, when a waypoint changes owner, recounting time of arrival just for troops which are heading through that province, would be much of server load? Usually there are not that many troops going through particular province.

I don't mean recounting all the troops each 5 minutes ;) that would be huge load ;) but just those which go through one lost/gain province at a time :)

I didn't know that Ad.1) they got recounted at each waypoint. It's a bit lowering disadvantage of the need of giving them new command, but sometimes this one or two hours make difference ;)
    • In order for that to work properly every single time a province changed hands the path and travel times of EVERY single unit on the map would have to be checked and recalculated.

I think that would be an unnecessary server load.

There has to be some benefit to actually playing the game, rather than showing up for a minute every other day to add targets. This is one of them.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<