Scorched Earth

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Scorched Earth

There should be a scorched Policy option that you can do to important provinces you can't defend but don't want the enemy have the province fully upgraded. So why not damage it and destroy the majority of the buildings and resources. There should be a cost to this one your resource production takes a hit, two you have to pay 10k money to destroy the buildings. This will help by slowing the enemies advance and resource production so you can retreat without worrying they will get the resources or buildings. This will be especially helpful in historic map and 100 map and should be limited so a person doesn't just spams it.
    • I think that if scorched earth tactic is used, the conquering army should get a higher province morale when they capture (as in, citizens are glad they've been saved from your tyranny that led to the blaze of their cities)

The option would also have to lower the morale of your surrounding provinces. I'm sure a Georgia resident would not be happy to find out Florida was set ablaze by the government.
      Free Time looks good on me
    • WiseOdin wrote:

injinji wrote:

WiseOdin wrote:

I'm sure a Georgia resident would not be happy to find out Florida was set ablaze by the government.
      Neither would I if I found out Georgia was burned to the, uh, sea level?
      I'm sure there is a reference I missed, here. It looks like you're aiming to make a dad joke, and it's somehow lost on me.
      I have terrible humor. lol
      Forum Gang Mascot
      Girls game too

dxcalc.com/cow
    • WiseOdin wrote:

I think that if scorched earth tactic is used, the conquering army should get a higher province morale when they capture (as in, citizens are glad they've been saved from your tyranny that led to the blaze of their cities)

The option would also have to lower the morale of your surrounding provinces. I'm sure a Georgia resident would not be happy to find out Florida was set ablaze by the government.
      I don't think that is necessarily true. If Cuba invaded Florida and the gov't said, "We need help getting the people and goods out of Florida." The people of Georgia would jump at the chance to help their fellow countrymen. If the morale is high, then destroying your own buildings would be quicker and cost less. If I invade a province and take it, the morale drops to 25%, right? That should make it harder (and take more time) for me to destroy the buildings in that province before leaving (like it was just a raid, you know?).