Possible to play a game with gold disabled?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Possible to play a game with gold disabled?

I'm new here, and really like the concept of the game, but gold is completely ruining it. I get that its the way they make money, but I'm done with the game if there isn't a way to play with gold disabled. Every game I've joined has had at least one person using gold to just produce unlimited troops right from the beginning, I feel like I'm just wasting my time here. That isn't fun, and I have no desire to play a game that is just a contest to see who can spend more gold.

Please tell me there is a way to join games that don't allow gold....I'm assuming there is not, but I'm hopeful as the game would be quite good if it was a fair contest.
  • Pssst, gold player is such a challenge *whispering*

I love them actually when they spend alot gold to gain power for their force, and the best part is when they know it remain 1 territory left.
    I love to leave it.
    Just one !
    They will send a message to me
    Blaming me bla bla bla
    And I just reply with " :D "

Tips : lure them into your well deffended region, artilleries (yes), fort (yes), Tactical Bomber (Very recommended). Surprise element is needed, you know ya! Flanking their back. But doit with precicious act, when you fail your deffend or your flanking it mean you are be done soon.
    Remember what Sun Tzu said?

"Don't make a war if you aren't sure you will win"

"Element of war devided into intern (our forces,resources, man power, morale) and outern (enemies forces and terrain)"

I say :
    1.Knew your enemies better than their self
    2.Keep looking their movement eventhough your allies
    3.looking for the right moments
  • As gold is what pays for game to exist there is no method of having a game without gold. There are currently no plans to consider gold free games.

As Injinji linked there is the players league official tournament which does not allow gold.
    War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
    Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
  • I probably won't be back...two different games I started.

1 - One neighbor begins expanding rapidly in all directions, including attacking me in the first day. I expect their forces are razor thin going all directions, so I begin pushing back. For a day I'm successful, then I see 15 tanks wiping through my front lines. I haven't even been able to finish researching tanks yet despite being one of the first players in the game. There is absolutely nothing I can do about that.

2 - On a different continent in the world map, while me and my allies are taking care of our neighbors, one player by himself wiped out all of Central Africa and was just growing in all directions. Impossible to do, and I see no way to counter it. Am I really supposed to spend the entire game watching one player do more than an entire coalition can knowing the end is inevitable? Its day 4, I'm wasting my time.

I have a third game where the first couple days looked clean, but all of a sudden I'm seeing the same pattern of one player just exploding at an impossible rate.

The way gold is abused to immediately finish research and pump out troops with no time spent makes any time I put into the game pointless. Its nothing more than a game of who can spend the most money.

Its nice to see the players league, but I don't see any purpose in investing my time overall here with the way gold destroys and real competition or strategy.

Thanks for the info, good luck to all of you in your games.
  • VorlonFCW wrote:

As gold is what pays for game to exist there is no method of having a game without gold. There are currently no plans to consider gold free games.

As Injinji linked there is the players league official tournament which does not allow gold.
    The gold free server was just released:

This server uses none of the income that paying users put into Bytro.
    What's fair is fair XD
    Free Time looks good on me
  • I playing on 30 different games now, honestly I registered on february 2nd.
    I learn the game, I learn the pattern of every players.
    More of players are a blitzer by using gold or not, then I learn their pattern and I using it.

When I be a blitzer I learn something, its my back. They stab my back easly because there is a low deffensive on my provinces that I left behind, this time I learn to deffend.

I playing deffensive then and gain power slowly, when a horde of forces come closer from a far country I learn something new, its economic sector. The vast territories means a better resources. That's mean the enemies can gain more power and faster than me.

I use a hybrid concept between blitzer and deffensive, it make me have more resources. But there is still a weakness, it's producing troops and dullness of tech.

I learn and learn on every single game that I played, once I be a superior and once I'll be beaten.

Improvising everything I knew, learn it and practicing.
    I knew it just a game, but its something more complex.
    Its logic.
    Its balance.
    And its challenging.

No matter I lose or won.
    I enjoy every moments while playing.

Leadership, loyality, and honour.
    I look CoW as the commander itself.
    I can train those things and bring it on my real life, I learn maybe it deppend on my ego and I can train myself somehow with this game.
  • Of course, this thread ignores the OBVIOUS:

That players could PAY, either in cash or its gold equivalent, $10, $15 or $20 for the privilege playing in a game that was gold-free, or in a game in which all of the players received the same amount of gold which could only be used in that particular game.

This has been proposed, REPEATEDLY, here in the forum, by multiple different forum participants. And, to date, those proposals have simply been ignored.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• injinji wrote:

Some community games, like Players League, have a no gold policy.
    Yeah right!! It's used in the PL, I seen it happen! The penalty....NADA!!! Of course because it was a "Mistake", then the same person who used gold stacked units of different Tech Levels, which is also against the rules.....and the penalty...........NADA!!!

Just sayin'!!!!!!
  • SGTBLT wrote:

injinji wrote:

Some community games, like Players League, have a no gold policy.
    Yeah right!! It's used in the PL, I seen it happen! The penalty....NADA!!! Of course because it was a "Mistake", then the same person who used gold stacked units of different Tech Levels, which is also against the rules.....and the penalty...........NADA!!!
    Just sayin'!!!!!!
    How long ago was this? Because I was in one game last year, someone bought oil, and the penalty was severe.
    Forum Gang Mascot
    Girls game too

dxcalc.com/cow
  • SGTBLT wrote:

I don't have a problem with Mod's overseeing a game, but playing in games or events that are tagged as "Special" or "Events"....that shouldn't be allowed.

Moderators are simply players that volunteer their time. I think it is rather disrespectful of you to expect volunteers to spend countless hours helping this game run smoothly and not get to play the game.

As this thread has strayed away from a polite topic it is now closed.
    War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
    Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<

The post was edited 1 time, last by VorlonFCW ().