VOTE ! - Which enemy unit affects you the most psychologically ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• VOTE ! - Which enemy unit affects you the most psychologically ?

I am currently working on a essay/treatise/guide on my personal tactical and strategic considerations on Call of War.

On this occasion, not exclusively for the guide but also out of personal curiosity, I'd like to know which units affect you the most on a "psychological" level when used against you. That is, and independently of troop numbers or composition, which unit types make you wary or paranoid, give you a sense of overwhelming enemy superiority, make you expect a defeat, discourage you from fighting altogether, etc. ?

Here's the link to the Strawpoll : strawpoll.me/15184788
      (using strawpoll because the forum polls can't accommodate enough options for all unit types)
      You can vote more than once, so you can chose more than one unit type. For example, you can chose a given unit in each category (Infantry ; Armor ; Air ; Naval ; Secret), or none at all, the choice is yours.
      Also, feel free to give me more details/reasons on your choice in the replies.

Curious to see the results !
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Nuclear rockets.

Once a non-ally completes a reactor and an L3 air base in the same province, let's just say that I tend to focus on that particular player and country a little more than I did previously.
      OK, guess you won't see the 15 railroad guns on the other side of the border.

Personally, if anything comes close to the border(close enough to actually see what the unit is composed of), I engage in direct assault before they can start. That way, they dont have the resources to build anything big, like a Nuke, so my biggest concern will always be the pre-built railroad guns. God help anyone on the receiving end of a unit train.
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower
    • NukeRaider33 wrote:

OK, guess you won't see the 15 railroad guns on the other side of the border.
      Kreskin Montana sees all, knows all. If you have 15 railroad guns anywhere near my border, you can safely assume that I know you have them already. I read the in-game newspaper -- best free intelligence in the game. And you better add some AA units to that SBDE-inefficient stack of 15 RRG units, because when I see a railroad gun battalion my first reaction is "tactical bomber bait."
    • I hate being on the receiving end of RR Guns, particularly when stacked with AA and the player has equivalency or supremacy in air with me.

My second choice is Nuke Rockets
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
    • I don't understand why any defender would be afraid of RRG's... they are way too slow to be an effective battlefield unit. Sure, they can be a nuisance when cobined with forts, AA defense, and infantry, particularly in the mountains - but the resources spent aren't spent on the flanks and you can usually just ignore them; when the rest of his empire is conqured, they will fall in the end as well.

For me personally, huge stacks of patrolling tacs & ints are most affecting. As they should be for anyone.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

I don't understand why any defender would be afraid of RRG's... they are way too slow to be an effective battlefield unit. Sure, they can be a nuisance when cobined with forts, AA defense, and infantry, particularly in the mountains - but the resources spent aren't spent on the flanks and you can usually just ignore them; when the rest of his empire is conqured, they will fall in the end as well.

For me personally, huge stacks of patrolling tacs & ints are most affecting. As they should be for anyone.
      RRGs are great offensive units if used properly.
      Forum Gang Mascot
      Girls game too

dxcalc.com/cow
    • I do agree that RR guns are to slow to be a real threat. Honestly the units the bug me the most are massed Anti-Air.

I deal with a lot of my problems by bombing them. And if I can't do that, it really throws off the way I play.

Heavy tanks and RR guns used to scare me, but I have learned from experience that they are basically useless for offensive battle. Nukes are still intimidating, but their strategic affect is limited if the proper grouping tactics are employed (doom-stacking is for noobs, and if you do it, you make yourself a target).
    • It honestly depends what country I am or what I am focusing on. Say I am building a huge navy, a nuclear ship might not scare me as I possible have one, or I have enough to counter ones. If I have multiple RR guns, then one won't really scare me. A nuclear rocket scares me unless I have a plan and another nuclear rocket.

Planes almost never scare me, as know I have a plan to deal with them. Just rocket them when they're refueling and hit them in the air with more interceptors then they have.