Was there a programming change for peace period?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Was there a programming change for peace period?

In the PL game, the Player and AI peace period is shown as 2 days in the World Harold. We just experienced day change 2 to 3, however when ordering attacks the game is generating a pop up window telling us we have another 10 hours 15 minutes to wait. I believe this would roughly coincide to when the game was created based on the communications of password and game ID.

Was their a change in programming code to start a timer when the game is created to count days for peace period? versus the old code of day change in the WH?

Has anyone else experienced similar in their games in the past few days?

Correction: Message states I can not attack until 10:12 AM
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda

The post was edited 1 time, last by Peter Mat ().

• I tried attacking 3 different countries with the attack button, I tried declaring war first, I tried rebooting the game, the PC and tired reopening the game with the "i" button. All to no avail.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

• No PL is password protected to signed up players only, with private message invites to the game ID. But we did hear through the WH that it was a programming change. My understanding is, now a timer starts at game creation for the number of days in the peace period, so 2 days becomes 48 hours from creation time.

imo, this is actually good in some ways as 48 hours allows you to bring artillery to the opening. In some games 2 days was a little over 24 hours if creation/start time occurred moments before the server changed the game date.

• Tyler please look at the DATE of the post before responding to a post that is over 5 years old, anything over 30 days old probably doesnt need to respond to it. This discussion is long over and doesnt need to be necro'd
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel