How good are Commandos?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The system has parameters that are governed by some database, I'm sure. But testing out the statistics requires sampling and I don't know if the staff have an automated way of checking. However, coincidentally, my ideas about using a standard deviation formula for the 'X' factor could also be used to create an easy-to-track sampling of the effectiveness of the existing 'X' factor based on the actual numbers of each round of combat for some one-on-one battles. Then, by those numbers, a standard deviation chart can be constructed to help us all visualize just how typical the current 'X' factor trends.

However, in order to put together that, we'd need a fairly good representation of a sample size for the same single unit type vs. another single unit type....neither of which should be changed to other unit types between samples. Once a fair-sized list of data has been collected, then the variance factor can be calculated and the standard deviation created to give us a statistical likelihood of the mean value of the 'X' factor in combat. Then, that value can be assumed and extrapolated to give us an idea of multi-unit combat odds based on the special case of 1 v. 1 combat....deriving the general case from the specific.

Thankfully, as part of my Math minor in college, I chose to take an advanced statistics class. And, in the seven years since taking that class, I haven't had a single instance where I needed to use what I learned in that class. So, this could be a fun opportunity for me.

(Yes, math can be fun.)
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • There is also an overwhelm (attacking hit points to defending hit points) ratio which Freezy mentioned in one of the other threads. That ratio can be from .3 (for 1 or less:1) to 1 (for 20 or more:1) x the total hit points. So in general, with a higher overwhelm ratio, you will tend to better. So a larger diversified stack tends to average better damage.