Too much intel in the Newspaper?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Too much intel in the Newspaper?

Hello.

I am a new player (just a week old or so). I was wondering if the designers could consider stopping building completions from being announced in the newspaper. I feel that is valuable intel being provided. I know that buildings can be seen on the map but buildings should also be revealed only when close to a city or when you send spies. When I opened the newspaper and saw a player completing certain buildings I knew right away what kind of units he was building in that city without me having to reveal it.

Thank you,

9Pound
    • You can use this feature to your advantage by building decoy buildings to lure troops to provinces far away from the ones you really want. There is a catch to this concept though, if the enemy captures this province, they can produce more units, a way around that is to build infrastructures, airbases, and shipyards, not industrial complexes or barracks, and don't build past level 1.
      Forum Gang Mascot
      Girls game too

dxcalc.com/cow
    • Well, this does swing both ways, and it is not too advantageous anyway. Also, it doesn't really narrow it down. I mean, you can guess, but you don't if they are building tanks or tank destroyers, TB or int, DD or BB or the many other units.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• This is 100% realistic. News organizations will post anything for a good scoop, even if it hurts their country. If a naval Base is created, it has to be first page news. Otherwise,they'd have nothing to report! You're trying to put the reporters out of business!
      Pax Romana Communications Officer

• StrangeTalent wrote:

This is 100% realistic. News organizations will post anything for a good scoop, even if it hurts their country. If a naval Base is created, it has to be first page news. Otherwise,they'd have nothing to report! You're trying to put the reporters out of business!
      While it does make sense, would you really send newspapers to your enemy?
      Forum Gang Mascot
      Girls game too

dxcalc.com/cow
    • StrangeTalent wrote:

News organizations will post anything for a good scoop, even if it hurts their country.
      If the United States of America ever has to fight another war against an opponent of the strength of an Imperial Japan, Nazi Germany or Soviet Union, it will again have to enforce its espionage, treason, and official secrets laws against members of the media . . . with a vengeance. Too many modern reporters, editors and publishers seem to have forgotten that their first loyalty is to their country and their fellow citizens.
    • Media - loyalty? Not in this country. Not anymore.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • dw98 wrote:

Media - loyalty? Not in this country. Not anymore.
      I'm afraid to read the news in Ireland because the US media is so corrupt I fear it is the same hear, which I think it is. Just for abortion, no newspaper has ever reported on the anti-abortion stance and what they represent aside from "oppressing women" afaik.

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• MontanaBB wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

Just for abortion, no newspaper has ever reported on the anti-abortion stance and what they represent aside from "oppressing women" afaik.
      The real abortion debate ended in Ireland with the diminishing influence of the Catholic Church.
      Yeah, that's true. Doesn't make it right for the media to make biased reports on it. The media should be unbiased.

• This is good idea, if in real it would put more of options and power for player to choose what kind of things he want to see.

Like on facebook "I don't want to see this anymore"

One thing that could work is thick on/off the tabs of Myself/Enemies/Allies/Economics/Politics, cause now we can show just one at a time, or all.
    • It is a useful tool that also takes a time commitment to utilize fully. Also looking at it from a distance, think of Spy's as paid people in the field doing specific tasks. The newspaper represents the larger intelligence agency structure that is just sifting lots of data from lots of sources. Other than named units, you are not getting specifics of ____ Province built an Interceptor today, just general information. Lets face it when you have 1000's of people working on an infrastructure project or factory in conjunction with the general public moving through the area, news is likely to leak out.
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda