Rebelling Province Airplane Glitch

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rebelling Province Airplane Glitch

I am involved in a game where I am helping my ally, the Soviet Union, defeat persia. i had one tactical bomber destroying Tehran from its airbase on my ally's province in Miandoab, and there was a Soviet light tank stationed in Miandoab. but when the day change came, Miandoab rebelled and joined my enemy, Persia... i figured that meant my airplane was toast, but my now-grounded airplane and the now-Persian light tank never engaged in combat.

So, in order to save my tactical bomber, i destroyed the persian unit with a mix of artillery and bombing raids, making sure never to attack it with an actual army out of fear that it would update the system and my tactical bomber would be killed... I eventually destroyed the Persian light tank and was able to have my tactical bomber "Escape" its ordeal (funny enough, this almost happened again the very next day change when I just barely ordered my airplane to drive out of the province ten minutes before the same province rebelled to Persia)

I'm not complaining or anything, because this glitch saved me a tac bomber unit, but I'm just wondering how and why the system doesn't update properly when a rebelling province takes place.
      It's been a while
    • Newtons laws of motion apply here.

No battle occurred Because the tank did not move, it was at rest. Objects at rest tend to remain at rest, unless orders are given.

The tank was stationary, so that is a defensive mode. It will react and return fire if attacked, but it won't make the first blow in any battle.

Airplanes in convoy form don't really have any attack value, so since they aren't trying to drive anywhere they won't stumble into the tank and cause a battle either.

It is sort of like being in a minefield. Nobody move and nothing will happen.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Newtons laws of motion apply here.

No battle occurred Because the tank did not move, it was at rest. Objects at rest tend to remain at rest, unless orders are given.

The tank was stationary, so that is a defensive mode. It will react and return fire if attacked, but it won't make the first blow in any battle.

Airplanes in convoy form don't really have any attack value, so since they aren't trying to drive anywhere they won't stumble into the tank and cause a battle either.

It is sort of like being in a minefield. Nobody move and nothing will happen.
      Very good answer, thank you
      It's been a while