Other 'unknown troops icon' than infantry

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Other 'unknown troops icon' than infantry

It's very mistaking, especially for new players, when they see infantry in opponents province, but actually it happens not to be infantry but some other troop.

The solution would be to make new icon. I propose it to be a machine gun, different for different technology trees. :thumbsup:

So we would see machine gun as a sign that there are some troops, but it would not mistake us that it's infantry.

Even experienced players sometimes are mistaken from this, cause not always it's that clear if there is actually infantry or it's unknown troop.

It so common problem, everybody knows it. Let's finally do something about it! :) 8o
    • And it takes just one time for the new player to realize it's a blanket image for all troops. I do think a shadowed silhouette of a soldier would be less confusing, the current system has little flaw.

Also, most veteran players know to spy/use aircraft/use AC to scout the enemy before attacking. That's what makes the game fun.
      Pax Romana Communications Officer

• StrangeTalent wrote:

Also, most veteran players know to spy/use aircraft/use AC to scout the enemy before attacking. That's what makes the game fun.
      This is not what the topic is about.

I have level 59 and sometimes I''m not sure if it's infantry or just symbol of troops and sometimes I get mistaken, confused.

And it's simply misleading and untruth to show there infantry if there is no infantry. It's false.

Why to show false info to players? Let make different icon for unknown troops. Like this one for example

• How does changing to that icon make it less confusing?

Currently the Sprite is of an infantry with a ? Beside it. We don't know if it's infantry, tanks, artillery. Are you proposing we are told what the enemy has there, instead of spying/scouting?
      Pax Romana Communications Officer

• Ok look. Thy can use any unit they want, and players will know to clock the stack to actually see what's in the unit. Why? because there is no exact numbers to show how many units are in the stack. also, the unknown unit has a question mark instead of the armor types. So pay attention to the details, and you won't have this problem.
      Images
      • Screenshot (72).png

509.68 kB, 864×486, viewed 56 times
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower