Darragh's Comprehensive List of Suggestions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Darragh's Comprehensive List of Suggestions

Alright, So I have decided to make a brand spankin new list of suggestions that will have units and other features that would be cool to see.
      *COLOR CODE*
      Green = Ground Units
      Blue = Air Units
      Red = Features

Paratroopers/Airborne/Airmobile Infantry: Alright, So I have suggested this unit several times, as many other players have. They'd have a limited range, and you'd have to research Paratroopers and their Transport Aircraft, much like the cargo ships we can research now. I am in support of making them stronger than regular infantry and putting a unit cap of 10-15 Regiments on them.

Airmobile Artillery: Same as paratroopers, just an artillery unit, I understand CoW operates in Battalion sizes, but meh, We have nuclear BBs so why not Airmobile Artillery?

Mountain Troops: Alright, Commandos aren't mountain troops, they are commandos. I would like to see a dedicated mountain troop. They would have a 50% Bonus in hills, and 150% bonus, actual bonus in Mountains. They would be like infantry, but would require L3 Barracks to produce and would cost a bit more due to the fact they are awesome.

Marines: Once you read the features, you will understand what I am talking about. These units can disembark/embark where ever they want, not needing a port. They also have a bonus in all territories because they are being blessed by St. Mattis. Nah, They are just better fighting forces in general compared to regular army/infantry.

Transport Aircraft: These would function like the current cargo ships we have, able to transport without having to build a unit. Just something I think would be cool.

Recon Aircraft: I have suggested this before, and I have thought about it recently. I would like to see a dedicated recon aircraft, something that doesn't have much attack power. It is just made to do recon, it would have a greater range due to not having as much ordnance on board. It would also have a greater spotting range because that is its job.

Commandos: Make commandos a ground recon force, greater spotting range and are faster due to less people. Nerf commandos so they aren't OP as crap but aren't worse than militia and infantry. Also, if we get parachute troops, give Commandos the same abilities as Paratroopers.

Embarking/Disembarking: Non-Marine units should have to have a port to disembark and embark. They should also take longer to embark and disembark. This would justify having Marines as they would be able to disembark and embark anywhere they want. They'd also be able to disembark and embark much faster.

Resource Sliders: Self explanatory, if you have ever playing S1914 you know what I am talking about. It would be cool to see as well.

Once again, just my two cents on CoW, give me your suggestions!
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • Lol this is basically Conflict of Nations and a good amount of this stuff either has no place in a WWII game or is not like WWII.

Mountain troops, recon aircraft and resource sliders sound good though.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Very much so. Also it should only have 1 level, there were not many special recon aircraft in WWII, what was good for recon at the start of the war was generally good at the end of it too.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Most of these suggestions are either extremely redundant or would only be a minor contribution to the game.
      • Airmobile Artillery does not make sense given how CoW works (as you point out yourself).
      • Mountain troops and Recon Aircraft are redundant : their function is already marvelously fulfilled by Commandos and Interceptors, respectively. Even if you think Commandos are not strong enough in Mountains (which is very debatable), Mountain troops would clearly not distinguish themselves enough from Commandos in terms of strengths and unit role for their implementation to serve any real purpose.
      • Marines are unrealistic the way you stipulate them. Beach landings take much longer than 4 hours in real life so we can actually be happy it's that short.
      • What place can the Commandos be even given anymore according to those suggestions ? Somewhere between the Mountain Infantry and the Marines ? The fact that this effectively creates 3 "elite" Infantry units, when there are only 2 "regular" Infantry units (or even just 1 if we discount Militia) is utterly nonsensical.
      The only suggestions with potential I retain from the whole thread are the Paratroopers and the Resource slider (which should make a much needed return).

The problem with your suggestions, along with 95 % of all suggestion threads, is that they are either regrettably redundant (as explained above) or dilute the role of preexisting units to the point where they would be rendered completely useless.
      And this in a game like CoW where 70 % of unit types (Tank destroyers, rocket planes, Railguns, Naval Bombers, Strategic Bombers, SP Anti-air etc. etc.) are already heavily underused in favor of much more effective unit combinations (which we are all familiar with at this point).

Instead of constantly burdening Bytro's agenda with suggestions with questionable utility, more focus should be put on actually trying to make said units more relevant.

That's my opinion, anyway. I'm strictly against new units until all or most already existing units are made tactically viable, unless those new units are a real novelty to the game such as Paratroopers.
      Until then, new units (besides being redundant) can only worsen the considerable problem of unit obsolescence this game suffers from.

The post was edited 1 time, last by VIRVCOBRV ().

• More important - THANK YOU for one comprehensive post and not making a dozen or more separate posts in this forum. :thumbsup:
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • Some of your suggestions are quite good, and I would make one more: making elite AI free option (making that option available without paying gold). Regular AI is just dumb, and they barely present a challenge, so I would like elite to be free.