Are you a Mobile App warrior?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Just to add a "small" thing in the wish list for mobile: for me it is essential to have the exact timer for a ranged attack (arty/ships), in order to time the real combat. If it could be working in mobile (as, for example, is working in the patrol of planes) I would use it much more pleasantly.
    • Would anybody happen to know what devices they use for mobile?
      I am looking to buy a cheap mobile device for mobility and help people out with their questions about mobile.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • The thing that annoys me the most on mobile is when there are lots of units close together you get a circle of icons to choose from. The problem is the order is different each time he circle is displayed. Try displaying them sorted by ID or something consistent.

Why? Because of SBDE I often end up with stacks the same size. So if I have 5 stacks of tactical bombers each having 5 bombers they all look identical in this circle. If I pick the first one (starting from the 12 o'clock position) it is a different stack each time. If I try to cycle clockwise there have been times that I kept re-selecting the same unit at different positions. I have to keep trying again and again keeping track mentally of which ones I've seen and given updated orders to...
    • Elite Canuck wrote:

The thing that annoys me the most on mobile is when there are lots of units close together you get a circle of icons to choose from. The problem is the order is different each time he circle is displayed. Try displaying them sorted by ID or something consistent.

Why? Because of SBDE I often end up with stacks the same size. So if I have 5 stacks of tactical bombers each having 5 bombers they all look identical in this circle. If I pick the first one (starting from the 12 o'clock position) it is a different stack each time. If I try to cycle clockwise there have been times that I kept re-selecting the same unit at different positions. I have to keep trying again and again keeping track mentally of which ones I've seen and given updated orders to...

For planes I would like to be able to select all of the groups in the circle and give them one patrol order. That would make it even more efficient than a “memory” of which one is where.

Or some sort of menu where you can select units. I always wanted an order of battle menu even before mobile, but it would make mobile useful to have such a list.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

For planes I would like to be able to select all of the groups in the circle and give them one patrol order. That would make it even more efficient than a “memory” of which one is where.

Or some sort of menu where you can select units. I always wanted an order of battle menu even before mobile, but it would make mobile useful to have such a list.
      I really like the battle menu one, but it is only useful if it shows the units of the battle menu. If battle menu is not good/too grand of a plan, I would like to tweak the add army button, so instead of clustered buttons we drag for the space we would like to select. Then it would select all armies within that selected space.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Attack range

I use the mobile app exclusively. I would really like to see the attack range in the unit information section added.

Example 60km for lvl 1 and 2 artillery. 70km for lvl 3 artillery etc.

This information would greatly enhance the mobile version in terms of research and battle strategy.

From the looks of the manual this information is given to PC users.
    • Whickett33 wrote:

I use the mobile app exclusively. I would really like to see the attack range in the unit information section added.

Example 60km for lvl 1 and 2 artillery. 70km for lvl 3 artillery etc.

This information would greatly enhance the mobile version in terms of research and battle strategy.

From the looks of the manual this information is given to PC users.
      Actually, you can see it in the info button in the production menu (I think). I don't really check it because I already know the range.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • The white screen is generally a connection issue. Where your iphone tried to communicate with the server and failed. This is common when leaving it running in the background for any length of time.

I haven't encountered that research issue. Which version of the iphone do you use, and which iOS version? Such as 12.2 or 12.3, etc.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • the research thing is "normal" for mobile version basically when you press the research button you are taken to the infantry research menu and you cannot move anything, this happens all the time.

Just hit the "<" arrow on the menu next to infantry and now you should be able to use it normally accessing any research menu and be able to pan around.

Cheers
    • Well if I play for even a minute doing anything else and then select research, it just had a spinning wheel (of death) and doesn't go farther, and then the game freezes. I am forced to reload the game for it to work and then when I do it has to be the first thing I touch for it to work.
    • most annoying issue i have with mobile is the newspaper. I dont get half information it seems unless im on at midnight i dont get to see the daily stats which i believe on computer are displayed constantly at top of screen, im also unable to read anything that happened maybe 2 or 3 hours previously. The paper is a wealth of information that any decent player should be looking at and using to formulate strategies and i feel handicapped because im unable to make good use of it. Its not like my phones struggles i got s10+ and 60mb download its not my end that im sure of.
    • Except those, I would like to point out that some stats which are (mostly) crucial that are neglected in the mobile version:
      • SBDE
      • Alliance 'Last Active Date'
      • Attack Time (Attacking some Troop in xx:xx)
      • and more...
      I hope the devs would add those back into the mobile game. As a mobile/PC user, I think adding them would be a nice touch to the game.