Delay option upgrade

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Delay option upgrade

Making possible to delay units more than 20 hours, up to 4 days.

This is useful for sea invasions when crossing Pacific for example. 20 hours delay is not enough. Should be possible to make it longer.

And it should be possible to type in number of days/hours/minutes/seconds of delay.
      And also to just write in exact time of arrival and being able to copy it, so when we send another troop with delay, we can set up exact same time easily there.
    • StrangeTalent wrote:

How so? The only instance I can think of is if you're going on vacation. Even at that point, it is foolish to send an attack when you are not online to deal with enemy counter attacks.
      Or you have too many things going on at once that you can't remember what your perfect plan was.
      Forum Gang Mascot
      Girls game too

dxcalc.com/cow
    • StrangeTalent wrote:

Even at that point, it is foolish to send an attack when you are not online to deal with enemy counter attacks.
      It's even more foolish to pre-program your troop movements far in advance when enemies and allies can see the little red and white moving pathway for your delayed troop movements even before they begin. As a result, I usually only use the delay function against AI countries and not human players.
    • Enemies does not see white-red paths. And allies do, but they are usually or should be trusted.

StrageTalent I don't know why You comment when having nothing to add. Told You that crossing Pacific is an example. I just use it now. When I send troops from inside of Asia and from Phillipines same time to reach Mexico and USA, difference between one and another is much bigger than 20 hours, so I cannot send them all at once, what would be most convinient and comfortable.

Will need to remember to log in in specific period of time not to be too early and not to be too lat to do it.

Normally in real world commander can order and plan actions with much more delay than just 20 hours...
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Seroslav wrote:

Enemies does not see white-red paths.
      The delayed unit movement path can be seen by anyone who can see the unit or stack. Click on the unit; the delayed movement path is displayed.
      I can confirm this, some admin in PL is delaying troops for 8 hours as of now. PL Main Admin guy if you're reading this, I've got an invasion coming :D
      Forum Gang Mascot
      Girls game too

dxcalc.com/cow
    • This would be useful.. but not in the way you are trying to portray it. Now, I do agree that being able to put in the exact time of arrival would be useful, because there is a lot of instances where I want a group of units to go to one province and demolish it, but the units stacks don't combine to attack all at once because of the 3 second difference... Can really mess up a glorious plan very quickly if you don't micromanage it VERY heavily.

But having a delay of more than 20 hours is popsterous. I never need to delay troop movements for more than 4 hours. In fact, I think the most I've ever used is a delay of like 8 hours, to allow a group of ships to form up. If your crossing the pacific, you should set them to converge in a random spot in the ocean and have no delays set on the troops. There is tactics, and then there is someone asking to do the impossible. Not to say having the option is bad, but it is an unnecessary change for the majority of players. I think the only instance where it'd be useful is under a case where you are using high command to set troops to rally at a certain point, and then have a delay of 2 days on the troop stack to have it roll out into the sea(to allow the troops to form up, of course). But even then, I think that is kinda needless... What is really needed is the ability to set a point on the line for the delay to be set up, instead of being on the exact point they are currently sitting... Would mean you can move troops, have them delay for a few minutes to allow nearby groups to join, and then continue on the path.
    • That what You say NovaTopas is ALSO useful, would be nice to have it added. Giving such a complex orders to units, make really big difference in planning war and offensive or defensive moves.

However with my original idea, is the example I wrote before, that it's useful.

(Asia -> Mexico, with troops starting from various locations with very different arriving times, when knowing that opponent rather wont see them on the way through ocean with travelling time form 3+ days to 5+ days, and I just cannot set all of them to attack same time, cause there is no such option).

Now I'm in a game that I would like to use more than 20 hours delay but it's not available. That's why I posted this idea.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seroslav ().

• Seroslav wrote:

Enemies does not see white-red paths. And allies do, but they are usually or should be trusted.

StrageTalent I don't know why You comment when having nothing to add. Told You that crossing Pacific is an example. I just use it now. When I send troops from inside of Asia and from Phillipines same time to reach Mexico and USA, difference between one and another is much bigger than 20 hours, so I cannot send them all at once, what would be most convinient and comfortable.

Will need to remember to log in in specific period of time not to be too early and not to be too lat to do it.

Normally in real world commander can order and plan actions with much more delay than just 20 hours...
      Wait until 5-10 spies grab your reveal all, and your plan is void. If you want to time it closer, get them in a rendevous point and attack from there.
      Pax Romana Communications Officer

• StrangeTalent wrote:

Seroslav wrote:

(...)Wait until 5-10 spies grab your reveal all, and your plan is void. If you want to time it closer, get them in a rendevous point and attack from there.

It's not a solution. Make everything longer, and time is precious in war.

I don't care about spies. This player is too weak in skills to use spies probably.

You comment what Your opinions are what should I do in game, but I don't want to play Your way. You play Your way and I play my war.

I just want to send troops with longer delay and that's all