"No betraying" option on maps

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I mean you could do all of this, but just have a Defence force. I like to have branches when I play Solo (or online) Like, Home Defence, The Army, The Marines, The Navy, and The Air Force. Then I like to have a Special Branch which include Commandos. So, Just deploy militia and use them as they should be so you don't have to worry about a back stabber. Militia + Armored Cars = Lit Defence Force.
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • MontanaBB wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

If there is a possibility of a relationship I will counter with some questions which could lead to right of way
      Exactly right.
      If you negotiate the terms of your new alliance upfront, then your potential ally naturally will take the whole exercise more seriously. The negotiations process will also open the door to excellent communications, which is the core of any successful alliance. If the prospective "ally" cannot be bothered to negotiate the terms of alliance, I can say with 99% certainty he is going to be an unreliable ally at best, and, at worst, a possible backstabber down the road
      Funny. I'm usually the person who backstabs people, usually weak ones. However, I do agree with you.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • I have been backstabbed at the very beginning when I played the game, when I didn't understand much. I must admit it was pretty painful. Now, I am the one who backstabs other people (not always though). I find games boring without something happening.

I have a few tips to prevent that from happening to you:

1) Peace or share the map, never right of way. Half cooperation is a lot worse than no cooperation at all. When I share map with someone, I can guess what he is up to by looking at how he moves his troops. If I get suspicious, I will have time to react and build up defenses.

2) Everyone is your enemy. Never consider anyone to be your friend, especially if you stand in their way. For example, I'd rather attack my ally by land than somebody else by sea.

3) Diplomacy is crucial. I generally don't attack the people I have talked a lot with. Make joint actions with people. Earn their trust. Don't be the asshole of the coalition that takes all the capitals.

4) Don't be weak. Get a big army, get a big land with many industrial complexes.You won't be that exposed to an attack on you mainland. If you don't manage to do that, build strong defenses. People will prefer attacking someone else. Use militias to defend your homeland, they are really cheap and are quite decent if you don't need to move them around.

EDIT: Do not too strong either, that will cause other players to see as a threat and they will league against you.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Petouche ().

• Petouche wrote:

I have been backstabbed at the very beginning when I played the game, when I didn't understand much. I must admit it was pretty painful. Now, I am the one who backstabs other people (not always though). I find games boring without something happening.

I have a few tips to prevent that from happening to you:

3) Diplomacy is crucial. I generally don't attack the people I have talked a lot with. Make joint actions with people. Earn their trust. Don't be the asshole of the coalition that takes all the capitals.
      #3 above - Don't be the asshole of the coalition that takes all the capitals

Also dont be the player that sits and watches someone destroy 75% of the enemy forces and then race across the border and start scooping up territories that you did nothing to earn.
      Do that a few times and guess what - you're on the LIST.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • HyM Seth wrote:

I haed backstabbed player. Maybe need some listing who always do backstabbing. main characteristic of backstabber is his solo victory bigger than his coallition victory.
      A big point in the game is to "trust no one". I personally prefer coalition victory, but if the chance arises, I would go for a solo victory. And I must admit I backstabbed people before.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Backstabbing happens in RL so why not in a game? Most players don't care about their relationship with you and it's all Sun Tzu and Machiavelli. Blacklisting is forbidden so the best you can do without Gold is to find a new round the traitor is in and join to get your revenge.
    • I haven't had my second cup of coffee yet, so I haven't read all the previous posts... And I'm rather new to the game so please don't laugh at the following...

But I learned recently that when creating maps there is the option of forcing players to join a "team" (one of either two or three in total), in which they must stay for the entire map.

Seems like a remedy for back-stabbing. Play on maps using this "team" option.

Just a thought. Just throwing that out there for discussion.
      But words are things, and a small drop of ink,
      Falling like dew, upon a thought, produces
      That which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think.

- Lord Byron
    • I find that part of the fun is guarding against a back-stab. A little more realistic. Stops a player from putting all his units in the front- line. Although my armoured car that drove from Le Havre to Gorkie in 2 game days, capturing provinces as he went would say, keep all those guys at the front. [wasn't a back stab though, just expansionistic minded Southern USers attacking a German that left his rear undefended]