"No betraying" option on maps

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Seroslav wrote:

So instead of blocking option to attack, the lowerage of morale would be the bigger the sooner attack starts. If it start's after 3 days of ending ally, there would be no additional morale lowerage.
      That way it seems to be an approach which is worth to think about..

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • StrangeTalent wrote:

If anything, the defenders morale would lower, due to their ally stabbing them in the back. That's how emotions work.
      In correlation - the attackers morale should rise a little every time they conquer a new enemy. Look at the morale of the German forces start of WWII, and the way they were treated by 'some' of the people they conquered as liberators.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • Alright Seroslav, I just want to say (I've only read the first page) that this idea is idiotic at best. I do have to agree with others, if you get want you want it makes the game bland and unenjoyable. Look at DayZ for example, They catered to one type of player, nomadic players, You want CoW to be "Do this, ALright good job, Now do this, Then this, Artillery attack? Nope, that unit is destroyed by L1 10% Health Militia!" From what I have read. CoW HAS and NEEDS to be imbalanced, Mechanized Infantry shouldn't be destroyed by Milita (it is possible) because Mech. Infantry is really good. Heavy Tank stacks should be able to destroy Armored Cars. Players should be able to betray you, It happens all the time in Politics. It is the way the game is played, Provinces already get lower morale from war being declared, You should have Militia defending your provinces, that unit was designed to do that, USE IT. Don't deploy freaking Mot. Infantry to defend, use Militia.
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • I quit playing CoW. Maybe I will come back in future if there would be any anti-betrayal mechanism.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Just in 100 World Map where I build up biggest coalition and I am #1 on map, guy who I helped grow after leaving coalition is just attacking me, backstabbing. It's 22nd day in game, so I generally invested three weeks playing, which is just totally lost cause of some junk-ethic player, which are dozens in CoW and Bytro haven't for so many years came to any solution for it.

It's just lack of community management to make it so popular, almost on every map it happens.

I was few times paying for gold so Bytro did get some money for me, but won't anymore cause it's just waste of time, this kind of playing. Not a pleasure anymore, as it should be.

With anti-betrayal solution and some other ones it might be nice to play again in future, but so far it's enough for me.

It's good to take care of nice graphics in profile, but when You get backstabbed and see it so often around and nobody does anything about this... it just isn't pleasure to play as it should be.
    • Seroslav wrote:

gI quit playing CoW. Maybe I will come back in future if there would be any anti-betrayal mechanism.

Just in 100 World Map where I build up biggest coalition and I am #1 on map, guy who I helped grow after leaving coalition is just attacking me, backstabbing. It's 22nd day in game, so I generally invested three weeks playing, which is just totally lost cause of some junk-ethic player, which are dozens in CoW and Bytro haven't for so many years came to any solution for it.

It's just lack of community management to make it so popular, almost on every map it happens.

I was few times paying for gold so Bytro did get some money for me, but won't anymore cause it's just waste of time, this kind of playing. Not a pleasure anymore, as it should be.

With anti-betrayal solution and some other ones it might be nice to play again in future, but so far it's enough for me.

It's good to take care of nice graphics in profile, but when You get backstabbed and see it so often around and nobody does anything about this... it just isn't pleasure to play as it should be.
      ... No, I think your the only one. I think it is the only time in my 2 years of infrequently visiting the forums where the idea was even suggested. Much less gotten past more than a few comments. Frankly, I think you are the only one who even wants this feature badly enough to quit the game over it. Remember, hundreds of players quit on a daily basis because they realize this game isn't one of the brain dead mobile strategy games. One, 2 or even 4 players quitting over this is not a big deal, certainly not enough to ruin some of the best things about this game, IE diplomacy.

I understand backstabbing can be a pain, but the fact you have never done the same is just... are you even human, man? Or are you a foking pacifist(pardon the language it is referencing)? This is a game. Let your imagination run wild, instead of restricting yourself to etiquette. The option would be nice, but there is already so many ways to prevent it, including the option to join a alliance that actively does such games(and what StrangeTalent said before me, because I was typing this before I saw his comment).

Now, back stabbing is not encouraged, as it may harm relations with people, but the fact you want a option like this and never seem to mention it at any point that you have done it yourself, I encourage you to try it sometime, if you ever get a chance. You may find the experience refreshing. I do it more often than I'd like to admit, but I also hardly ever play the game, and usually play it because of a new shiny that has come out(that I eventually never get anyway), or because I want to play the game for the diplomacy. Backstabbing is the norm for me, so long as I see the conditions ripe to do so, and the act of doing so would benefit me greatly. With no benefits and most/all provinces well defended, I would never see a point to try and backstab someone. So maybe it is less of a Bytro problem and more of a you problem. But that is just my personal opinion. Your milage may vary.
    • StrangeTalent wrote:

Yeah, this would remove the fun and excitement of diplomacy
      As I said in another thread on a similar topic, the ability to form stable alliances and manage loyal allies is a BIG part of this game. If you cannot be bothered to negotiate the terms of alliances at the outset, and then loyally support your in-game ally or allies, you are not going to do as well as you otherwise might.

Here's a tip: don't accept offers of share-map alliances sent to you with no prior communication. That's always a bad sign.
    • MontanaBB -
      Here's a tip: don't accept offers of share-map alliances sent to you with no prior communication. That's always a bad sign.

In other words - NEVER kiss on the first date.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • But sometimes people do intend to be allies with you. Just ask their intentions, take advantage of the share map, and attack them if necessary.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • NovaTopaz wrote:

Seroslav wrote:

gI quit playing CoW. Maybe I will come back in future if there would be any anti-betrayal mechanism.

... No, I think your the only one. I think it is the only time in my 2 years of infrequently visiting the forums where the idea was even suggested. Much less gotten past more than a few comments. Frankly, I think you are the only one who even wants this feature badly enough to quit the game over it. Remember, hundreds of players quit on a daily basis because they realize this game isn't one of the brain dead mobile strategy games. One, 2 or even 4 players quitting over this is not a big deal, certainly not enough to ruin some of the best things about this game, IE diplomacy.
      I understand backstabbing can be a pain, but the fact you have never done the same is just... are you even human, man? Or are you a foking pacifist(pardon the language it is referencing)? This is a game. Let your imagination run wild, instead of restricting yourself to etiquette. The option would be nice, but there is already so many ways to prevent it, including the option to join a alliance that actively does such games(and what StrangeTalent said before me, because I was typing this before I saw his comment).

Now, back stabbing is not encouraged, as it may harm relations with people, but the fact you want a option like this and never seem to mention it at any point that you have done it yourself, I encourage you to try it sometime, if you ever get a chance. You may find the experience refreshing. I do it more often than I'd like to admit, but I also hardly ever play the game, and usually play it because of a new shiny that has come out(that I eventually never get anyway), or because I want to play the game for the diplomacy. Backstabbing is the norm for me, so long as I see the conditions ripe to do so, and the act of doing so would benefit me greatly. With no benefits and most/all provinces well defended, I would never see a point to try and backstab someone. So maybe it is less of a Bytro problem and more of a you problem. But that is just my personal opinion. Your milage may vary.
      Agree. "This was modern war" - Indy Neidell, Great War Channel. Life is never fair, and when you do play CoW, you should even EXPECT people to backstab you. This is not the middle ages, people are much more evil. Even though I do hate it, I must admit this is part of life itself.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • MontanaBB wrote:

dw98 wrote:

Something like that.
      Personally, I kissed on the first date more often than not. But that was only because I was special. And a pretty good kisser, with lots of repeat business.
      ... too innocent to know

• MontanaBB wrote:

dw98 wrote:

Something like that.
      Personally, I kissed on the first date more often than not. But that was only because I was special. And a pretty good kisser, with lots of repeat business.
      TMI---TMI----TMI =O

• dw98 wrote:

:D
      That is exactly my response when someone I don't know offers me shared map. I simply say that I don't share map on the first date. If there is a possibility of a relationship I will counter with some questions which could lead to right of way
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

If there is a possibility of a relationship I will counter with some questions which could lead to right of way
      Exactly right.

If you negotiate the terms of your new alliance upfront, then your potential ally naturally will take the whole exercise more seriously. The negotiations process will also open the door to excellent communications, which is the core of any successful alliance. If the prospective "ally" cannot be bothered to negotiate the terms of alliance, I can say with 99% certainty he is going to be an unreliable ally at best, and, at worst, a possible backstabber down the road.