How to create comprehensive lists.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to create comprehensive lists.

I would say I have some experience in this, I used to make this all the time. I see many forum users making lots of threads and their good ideas are pushed to the back and what not. So, I have decided to make a guide that I hope makes sense.

First off, You need to have an idea of what you are talking about. It could be units or features that you would like to see. Make a rough draft of what you want to talk about, then type it out. Make sure what you are saying makes sense and it is clear and
      MAKES SENSE!!

Secondly, If you plan to make your list on the forums, give it a guide. Color code it, or just give certain areas. I.E. If you are talking about ground units, you could give them a Green color font to resemble grass or the ground. If you are going to talk about Secret units, give them a Red font. You get the point. Make it easier for the reader to understand.

Third, Take criticism, it is important to learn from your mistakes. Don't be discouraged if someone says This idea is dumb, blah, blah, blah, Learn from it. You should also include details on what you would like to see. For example, You suggest Cavalry units, talk about what those units do. Talk about why you want Cavalry units, give historic examples if you want to.

Fourth, If your list is too long, you can put it in Google Docs or Slides. Make a Google Document and you can make it super organized with several font colors and what not. You could make a Google PowerPoint (Or slides) and have it suit your needs.

Anyway, That is my guide that I hope can help some of you guys out there. Let me know if anything doesn't make sense and I will try to make it clearer.
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • NukeRaider33 wrote:

injinji wrote:

I've been working on a thread all day, a Star Wars RP with a custom tech tree.
      Sorry, Im biased.
      MAKE SURE THE T-95 MAKES THE LIST.
      Do you mean Z-95? If so, sorry, the role of interceptor has been taken by the A-wing and the rocket interceptor is the T-65B X-wing.
      Forum Gang Mascot
      Girls game too

dxcalc.com/cow
    • 8o

Are You nuts?? :D hahahahaha :D

Have You ever discussed 36 topics in one thread?? :cursing:

No? That's probably cause it's impossible to do.

Sometimes discussing two topisc in one thread is confusing... not mentioning to do so with multiple topics.

And tell me Mr Clever, how to use labeling threads then... 8)

It's simply: No! Never! :) from me

Learn first, why forums have threads, why not all discussion is in one thread. :thumbup:

Few of You keep on giving this nonsense suggestion of putting 30+ suggestions and discuss it in one thread, and that would be only just one big MESS. Impossible to discuss them in result. It makes totally no sense.

If You want to see more of threads, ask forum admin to make it possible to show more of them in one page or ask moderators to clean up out-dated topics <- this second thing I already did and they didn't understand it and didn't do it obviously, so I don't care any more. This forum is generally messy with sticked out-dated-topics in almost every subforum

Last time I write to You guys that I WON"T make one thread consisting of 30+ suggestions, cause it's simply stupid, nonsense idea. Have a good day! :)

*if You ask 10 more times, the answer still will be: No, never. Cause the reasons are all the time actual, same as written above.

**No, if You ask for 11th and 111th time, the answer still will be: no ^^ cause forums are not to talk many things in one place, they are simply not for it.
    • SEROSLAV, Follow the ideas I gave you.. I have discussed more than 36 ideas in a single thread before. Just try to make a thread okay? You are clogging up the suggestions page, its not against the rules but it is sometimes annoying.. Forums are made to talk about multiple things, but when your avatar files up almost six pages of the forum, that is a bit insane.
    • Seroslav wrote:

Lick. Because your post is just too freaking long.
      ... This is why google docs have the option to ADD COMMENTS, so you don't need to use the threads on the forums at all! And a lot of your suggestions fall into the same category, for example the plane dots, the don't sum, and the like. You don't need multiple threads for discussing what is essentially the same topic, IE improving usability of the interface. Even just putting 4 of the same kind in the same thread would cut it down by quite a bit... And would NOT one big mess on one thread, and doesn't clutter up the forums as a bonus.

Honestly, old threads are not messy(and in fact, stickyed posts in general don't clog up the forums at all. And in fact have no effect on the rest of the forum when they are stickied. It is not like they are taking up valuable real estate for the rest of the forum, they simply exist. And the fact they are sticked means nobody is going to try and put a thread up on the same topic when one was already completed months ago.). What is messy is having 30 threads in a short space of time, when a lot of those threads are essentially covering the exact same topic from a different angle that could be compiled into 1 post and not have a mess in the process. People often do 3 or 4 points in a single thread, and don't have a messy thread in the process.
    • Seroslav wrote:

ask forum admin to make it possible to show more of them in one page or ask moderators to clean up out-dated topics <- this second thing I already did and they didn't understand it and didn't do it obviously, so I don't care any more. This forum is generally messy with sticked out-dated-topics in almost every subforum

We understand just fine Seroslav, I am not sure you understood my answer:

The answer I gave i will repeat here, since you obviously did not read or comprehend it.

I consider it an insult to the other users who have made the effort to build a comprehensive list that you think their hard work should be discarded so that you may clutter the forum with your half baked ideas. I have warned you about disrespecting other forum users. Please be polite towards them and their opinions.

And I told you that if I decide to do some housekeeping in this section that you will not like the results, yet you continue to mock me here in public for not cleaning up your pigpen. I will not tolerate further disrespect to staff from you.

Good day!
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • JCS Darragh wrote:

Forums are made to talk about multiple things, but when your avatar files up almost six pages of the forum, that is a bit insane.
      No, cause every thread concerns different suggestion. One is not against the other: talking multiple things and me posting multiple ideas.

I am just super creative and super analytical, when it comes to upgrades and development. If You have problem with that... it's Your problem, not mine.

I post proper things on propers subforums, so ... move on.

Insane is Your proposition of having good discussion and communication of so many different topics in one thread.

You see, forum is not build up, so everyone have own thread.
      It's build up to every topic have own thread.

And that makes f difference :)

If You want own thread, go on and start a blog :) that's what blogs are for.
      Forums are for something else :)
    • Seroslav, I don't think you are comprehending what we are saying. Most of your suggestions are the same thing, MAKE A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF ALL YOUR SUGGESTIONS!! PLEASE DO NOT CLUTTER UP THE FORUMS WITH THE SAME SUGGESTION! I refuse to move on until you can understand what I am saying and most of us are saying. As VorlonFCW said, your ideas are half baked and are somewhat sloppy.
    • JCS Darragh...

1) Learn how to use keybord. Caps Lock is not the device meant to write on forums.
      2) Read my suggestions and understand them, then You will know that every one is different.
      3) Learn how to play, cause obviously You didn't. I've seen Your stats.
      4) Get a life and move on. I won't do what You want. End of topic.

Peace and Love <3 8o :saint:
    • Actually, I know how to play, I have been playing for about three years, I don't play very many ranked games either. Before I get back into ranked games, I usually play a solo game. I know how to use a keyboard too, I just use capitals to emphasize my points. I do have a life, and I am going to just chill out know.