Profiling

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It may have been a bit quiet those last few weeks, but don’t let the silence deceive your senses. After we changed the design of the game’s list it was about time for the user profiles to also receive a new, smarter and better design. Read on to learn more about the awesome new features that await you with today’s update.

• The statistics are now visualized in different types of charts to receive a better and instant overview of your statistics.
      • If this information is not enough for you, simply click on the arrow below the unit statistics to receive more details.
      • You can switch between PvP, AI and economic statistics.
      • Furthermore you can also see the progress of your blueprints above each unit and also directly purchase them.
      • Additionally, you will see your current three most played maps and in the achievements tab a separate overview of the current three close-to-be-finished achievements.
      • In the achievements tab you can see all the achievements and your current progress - hovering over them will display a tooltip that shows the requirements for each milestone.
      • In case you want to see an achievement comparison between you and another player, simply click on achievements in their profile.
      • For a direct link to the achievements simply click the new trophy icon - on mobile you will find this button in the extended menu on the bottom right.

There is a lot more to explore, so jump right into your game and discover your own new profile.

Here are some additional changes and improvements that also made it into this update:

• We added the current duration of high command to the website for better visibility.
      • Wrong winning pop-ups after game end have been fixed and you should also not see a defeat pop-up anymore even though you have won the game.
      • The diplomacy text field would unselect after some time, this should not happen anymore.
      • The search filter does now reset when you close and open the newspaper again.

Your Call of War team
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager
    • I'm noticing that the AI stats for some players appear to contribute to their overall player score and ranking. But this isn't true of everyone....like me. I thought that one's stats vs. the AI did not count in the ranking. Yet, I see many players have scores added in the AI stats section. Some players have scores for most or all groups while other players have scores for only a few groups and then some players (like me) have no scores for any of the groups.

What's going on? Is this a bug with the new update or has it been going on for awhile and I just didn't notice. Is it a bug or am I just not allowed to count my AI stats whereas others do?
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • injinji wrote:

Sasri wrote:

• The diplomacy text field would unselect after some time, this should not happen anymore.

The most annoying bug is fixed. :00000441:

Sasri wrote:

• The search filter does now reset when you close and open the newspaper again.

Yeah, and this second-most annoying bug has been fixed also.

Not to be disrespectful, since I know it can be difficult to figure out the cause of some bugs, but.... 'S'bout time.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Diabolical wrote:

I'm noticing that the AI stats for some players appear to contribute to their overall player score and ranking. But this isn't true of everyone....like me. I thought that one's stats vs. the AI did not count in the ranking. Yet, I see many players have scores added in the AI stats section. Some players have scores for most or all groups while other players have scores for only a few groups and then some players (like me) have no scores for any of the groups.

What's going on? Is this a bug with the new update or has it been going on for awhile and I just didn't notice. Is it a bug or am I just not allowed to count my AI stats whereas others do?
      Kills of units of Elite-AI are count to the ranking, as long as the map is scored...

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • We will investigage the AI stats problem reported here (unless you guys can enlighten us that this is how it always was, then we can save time).

Also: If the profile somehow has a broken layout for you, please clear the browser cache. This mostly affects beta users.
    • freezy wrote:

We will investigate the AI stats problem reported here (unless you guys can enlighten us that this is how it always was, then we can save time).
      @freezy: There is no problem with the AI stats as shown. @Restrisiko has already correctly explained @'Diabolical''s question: combat kills against the elite AI count in a human player's military score; combat kills against the standard AI do not. Nothing has changed in that regard.

That said, I did notice that while the overall kills-to-losses ratio against human players does display, the overall kills-to-losses ratio against the AI no longer does. It's a minor point, but it would be nice if this could be remedied.
    • @freezy: I do have two issues to report:

1. Three games have been mysteriously added to my totals. The stats page is now showing that I have played in a total of 24 games. Two days ago, the old stats page was showing that I had played in a total of 21 games, and having slowly accumulated those 21 games over the last 25 months, I am 99% certain that the 21 games total is correct. Heck, in addition to my 11 solo victories, I can even tell you how many games I started and dropped out (2), how many I lost (1), how many I placed second behind an ally (5), and how many are still active (2).

2. The stats table correctly reports my total number of wins as 11 solo wins. My victories total includes one 10-player European map, seven 22-player European map, and three 50-player Pacific map games. When the "achievements" list was updated last year to include wins on the 50-player Pacific map and 100-player world map, the new awards did not retroactively include those wins that were achieved before the new awards created. It is odd that the stats table can correctly list the total number of solo wins, but cannot determine where three of them came from.

And, yes, I should also compliment the staff on the new stats report. Overall, it is a significant improvement of the previous stats table.

The post was edited 2 times, last by MontanaBB ().

• Good change :)

However I would propose few changes.

First of all if not showing all details (green square) of all troops, then there would be useful button of "roll all up" so we don't have to click all of them to see this. In old version all were seen at once.

Cause for example (red square) we see there just 0 but it doesn't show how much troops of a kind user used, and there is not zero. Same with motorized infantry, left to it.

Those info give some glimpse info on which types of units, such player prefers over others, and we don't need to click of every or count oneself.

Second is that when going for AI stats my killed/lost numbers are not updated to show how I perform toward AI. But this info was available in old version. More to it, it would be nice to show also provinces lost/gain, both with players and AI but as far as I believe it shows them summed up

• And the third one is this font, pointed with red arrow. It just doesn't feel like CoW, doesn't seem serious enough, doesn't seem that this number is ... SOMETHING ;)

The green arrow pointed font would be probably better, or some other which would show the importance of this figure.

Simple the red font seems weak, small, narrow, not giving the feeling of any importance, when actually level matters for many and many want to go higher in rankings.

And one more: shouldn't be destroyed buildings included? So then in economic statistics, we could see destroyed/lost buildings too. I guess destroying buildings is also some kind of accomplishement, could be counted as well in stats if not 1:1, then at least 1:2, meaning half of points for destroying a building and full points for constructing a building.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seroslav ().

• MontanaBB wrote:

@freezy: There is no problem with the AI stats as shown. @Restrisiko has already correctly explained @'Diabolical''s question: combat kills against the elite AI count in a human player's military score; combat kills against the standard AI do not. Nothing has changed in that regard.
      To my credit, I was noticing that there was a trend that people with high gold usage and/or High Command membership were far more likely to have AI stats affecting their score. But I did not put two and two together that a paid account or paid premium points to access the Elite AI (which I forgot counts in stats) would add to their score. So, once again, despite my years of playing, others with money to spend on this free game are getting faster and better rankings than me -- despite my skills -- through the spending on Elite AI matches (which I cannot do unless I spend my precious "winnings" from other matches).

You know, I don't mind that other people pay for the game....it makes it possible for me to play. But I can never approve of their advancing via money. It is one thing to buy swag (which is not offered) and premium automation abilities (HC), but to change the outcome of a match based on one's ability to pay is just not fair. It has never been fair and it will never be fair. Now that I see that the ranking is affected not only by one's ability to outspend their neighbor on Gold but also on their ability to count the AI stats in their ranking when paying for an Elite AI match —— well, that does not sit well with me. I know I can't speak out against such things on Bytro's servers, but when will things be made even?

I can play one match per month, Gold free, in the Player's League, but I'll never be able to reach the top ten ranked because most of those players spend copious amounts of Gold. Perhaps if Gold-bought buildings were NOT counted in one's stats, things would be much closer to fair when tracking which players are better than others, but that's not the case.

Maybe an alternative stats could be created for the non-Gold purists like myself so that we can accurately gauge which among us are the true master strategists of Call of War and which are the pretenders.

MontanaBB wrote:

And, yes, I should also compliment the staff on the new stats report. Overall, it is a significant improvement of the previous stats table.
      It is an improvement. But I'd like to see a button at the top of it that gives you the option of seeing the old report style. It was very useful for looking at other player's stats "at a glance" to get a feel for which types of units they'd build without having to manually click on each one that has a score next to it. With the old chart, I could scroll through a competitor's stats and visually pickup on their typical pattern in about two seconds. The new format is prettier, but without that quick-and-dirty stats chart, it's going to take a lot more time when I'm needing to research my opponent's likely choice of military units.

So, just adding a button to bring up the old stats chart is all that's needed. As for the Overview Summary section and the Achievements page, they are just fine.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • So regarding the AI stats, it is as Restrisiko said.
      You see a ratio since you defeat normal AI, but those do not count towards your points, unless they are Elite-KI. We may consider adding a tool tip, because it is indeed not very obvious to people that never create games especially now with auto-created games you barely get to create games on your own to stumble across that information.
      Other feedback is indeed welcome, so keep it coming. We will talk about it and see what makes sense :)
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager
    • MontanaBB wrote:

@freezy: I do have two issues to report:

1. Three games have been mysteriously added to my totals. The stats page is now showing that I have played in a total of 24 games. Two days ago, the old stats page was showing that I had played in a total of 21 games, and having slowly accumulated those 21 games over the last 25 months, I am 99% certain that the 21 games total is correct. Heck, in addition to my 11 solo victories, I can even tell you how many games I started and dropped out (2), how many I lost (1), how many I placed second behind an ally (5), and how many are still active (2).

2. The stats table correctly reports my total number of wins as 11 solo wins. My victories total includes one 10-player European map, seven 22-player European map, and three 50-player Pacific map games. When the "achievements" list was updated last year to include wins on the 50-player Pacific map and 100-player world map, the new awards did not retroactively include those wins that were achieved before the new awards created. It is odd that the stats table can correctly list the total number of solo wins, but cannot determine where three of them came from.

Regarding 1): The "games joined" stats now also tracks unranked games, which it did not before. That's why that count went up for you. It has to track unranked games as well to match up with the new "scenario joined" statistics, where we cannot distinguish between ranked and unranked.

Regarding 2): Sadly this is true and for now we cannot retroactively award those map wins. The stat that users won a game was tracked before the stat of the victory of those maps, thats why it is possible that the system knows about one but not the other. Our stats system will soon be revised once more, there might be a slim chance that this info can be recovered, but I would not count on it.
    • I personally think this update was good, since it made it more convenient, but it also has some problems. When I look at people's info one by one, I had to close the list of players just to be able to see the covered parts, and it seems inconvenient for me, who looks at players' stats for info, and probably many others. Still very good, and I like it.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)